66% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Christopher Columbus: The Discovery Reviews

nativesunljt
May 22, 2007
This movie is even worse than 1492. That's kind of hard to top too. This film did it. It really puts almost a Disney shine on western history that's impossible to swallow but some sadly did. Retarded.
August 17, 2014
It's crap, but I liked it much better than that thing Ridley Scott made. It has none of that liberal guilt or glorification of Islam. I want to see a Columbus that kicks ass and does not apologize for anything.
September 27, 2013
Look for the Director's Cut to see the cameo of John Hillerman as a Chief Mate. Otherwise the film is only good for one viewing.
December 19, 2012
No energy, feeling, commitment or even care by anyone involved in this movie is extremely evident....I'm looking at you Marlon Brando! He is so big in this movie he's kind of hard to miss. The Discovery is very boring at times and completely over the top at others, it's like it has no idea what it wants to do with itself. Benicio Del Toro does about as well as he can with the material hes been given, the same can go for Robert Davi who are both saving graces. By this time Brando didn't care at all and can you blame him? It's best to stay away from this.
December 6, 2012
I liked the movie but it hurts very badly acted Georges Corraface as Christopher Columbus. Timothy Dalton was better. But the performance of Benicio del Toro worth. And Mario Puzo knows nothing of Christopher Columbus.
June 16, 2012
Marlon Brando... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!
April 8, 2012
Saved by the generous performance of Tailinh and her native friends, this movie is not as bad as it seems. If you were looking for the Conquest of Paradise, here is where you can watch your wildest dream turn into nightmare. Distractive at least.
prkprkprk
July 18, 2010
Awful film. The acting is bad, the screenplay is bad, the directing is bad, and the film is just plain boring. Sad that this was one of the Salkinds' last projects.
zurn
April 27, 2008
Ugh, what a mess. The script bounces you around from plot point to plot point like a pinball machine, with utter disregard for pacing and drama, as if simply trying to cover a checklist of required events. The acting is dry and stiff. And the singing, oh, the singing... There are better ways to get across the religious nature of the voyage, or the era, without resorting to overly long hymn interludes.