Cinderella Liberty Reviews

nuheart
½ January 18, 2007
I remember watching this one night when I was about eight and just loving it. I don't know what I got out of it, but the ending really struck me. Love to see it again.
November 4, 2007
Barely passable film. I can see why it doesn't get aired very often even on TBS. Early Caan but not great Caan.
½ June 3, 2012
Doens't really have a happy ending. It is a different story, I'll give it that much. I think I might be a little too critical about the uniforms and wut not though. Cuz I was looking at his uniform and his ribbons were all sorts of screwed up and he was walking around like nothing was wrong. Plus, unless I was immagining it, the Senior Chief had that rating badge but was rocking a Chief's cover for some reason.
December 16, 2010
I saw this so long ago, I don't remember it. Quote: "We're man and wife in the eyes of (I forget) and the State of Washington!"
January 2, 2007
I have some history with this movie that reflects on the rating I had the priviledge of being in a scene that they did in Tacoma Washington. It was in the bars, I am setting at the bar.
October 7, 2006
Good overlooked movie about relationships and to what length some people will go to keep them. James Caan & Marsha Mason are great together the supporting cast has some young up and coming actors.
½ March 13, 2013
Every once in a while you see a film that you just can't figure out why it's taken so long for you to see it. Everything about this is right up my alley ... It's a deliberately paced character study set in seedy urban locales, features a great early performance from James Caan and a really surprisingly different role for Marsha Mason. Probably like most folks, I associate Mason with the string of films she did based on Neil Simon plays. This film was made right before she married Simon and reveals an entirely different side of her. The closest point of comparison I could come up with for this film is "The Last Detail", and sure enough, this film is also written by Darryl Ponicsan, based on his novel. Eli Wallach, Burt Young, Bruno Kirby and Dabney Coleman all have strong supporting parts.
June 15, 2012
I never realized how hairy James Caan was!
March 8, 2007
6.5/10. Good story, fine performances and is probably Marsha Mason's only excellent performance. She did receive an Oscar nomination as well. James Caan is well cast as well. Good score, well produced, better than average cinematography.