City of Industry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

City of Industry Reviews

garyX
½ December 12, 2006
Another quality QT rip off, with the ever reliable Harvey Keitel out to wreak bloody revenge on enjoyably psychotic Stephen Dorff. Nothing new but efficiently done.
August 19, 2011
City of Industry is transformed from an average revenge crime thriller, to a very good one because of a commanding and brooding performance by the criminally under-appreciated Harvey Keitel, who seemingly channels the intensity from his role in Bad Lieutenant.
May 4, 2012
This is watchable and enjoyable and a harmless way to spend 90 minutes...even if it is a MASSIVE rip-off of Reservoir Dogs.
½ April 8, 2008
Enjoyable crime film, though not that memorable (hence the short review).
RockabillySaint
½ August 29, 2006
Wasn't as good as I expected; horribly cliche, and I was upset that Keitel didn't get to say much. If you're going to make him play a hardened criminal (which he is great at), at least give him some cool lines. Moved a little too quickly for my taste, with hardly any character developement. I was glad that he didn't "fall in love" with Famke Jansen's character; that would have been my limit, lol. All and all fairly good, but it could have been way better.
March 16, 2013
What an awesome and underrated crime drama! See it and tell me if Harvey Keitel is not absolutely perfect in it.
½ December 9, 2008
A bit of Reservoir Dogs in this gritty little flick. Could've been even better but it just seemed to lack that oomph. Nice directing and quality cast.
December 16, 2007
Awesome little flick. Harvey Keitel gets f'd over and is out for blood. Think Mr. White continued--with a license to crack heads open. Good stuff.
June 11, 2007
Standard, straight-forward crime film that has Harvey Keitel seeking revenge for the murder of Timothy Hutton. Nothing out of the ordinary here, no twists, no turns, no surprises... A purely conventional crime tale.
½ August 11, 2006
THU AUG 10th. This started out as a sort of interesting bank job movie and degraded into a shoot 'em up. Just didn't grab me.
May 6, 2015
low tork gangster movie that looks the part but does not act the part.
January 24, 2015
I don't understand the poor ratings this one got. I love the revenge motif and this is an exemplary example of it. Harvey Keitel, I think, often doesn't get his due. He's pretty good in this one. Plot moves right along and is all in all pretty satisfying.
August 17, 2014
I remember dismissing this film as just another in a long string of Quentin Tarantino rip-offs. However, watching it now, it's really just a solid crime story that doesn't bear much similarities to Tarantino films outside of it being violent and having Harvey Keitel and a strong ensemble cast. The revenge story about about Keitel going after a sleazeball who screwed him over after a robbery is solid, though it begins to meander after a point and loses some of it's momentum. However, a strong performances by a solid cast (Keitel, Stephen Dorff, Timothy Hutton, Famke Janssen, Michael Jai White, Lucy Liu, and Elliott Gould) make it worth watching. The underrated John Irvin directed the film.
LittleMissBloodAndGuts
½ April 6, 2014
A criminal hunts down the getaway driver who betrayed his crew in this no-nonsense, engrossing crime thriller.

I avoided this film for years as I am bored with crime movies about low-functioning punks. But I was wrong about this film. I didn't realize Hutton and Keitel are in it. You'll also see an uncredited Elliot Gould. None of these actors make bad movies. All give good performances.

City Of Industry is gritty and well-paced, the punks are high-functioning, and ti contains a couple of minor twists I didn't see coming. Most importantly, this movie is more or less believable, the dialogue isn't corny, the action isn't unrealistic, and the story doesn't insult your intelligence. It held my attention and I was pleasantly surprised.
April 3, 2014
A very good well acted thriller.
½ March 28, 2013
Below average "Noir" thriller that rips off just about every other crime thriller that came before it
March 16, 2013
½ August 20, 2012
I watched it for Lucy Liu, but Keitel, Dorff, Janssen and Jai White are great too. Classic opening credits gives a feel of mid-90's LA. Great noir, Keitel is a resourceful vigilante, and he has to be going up against the devious Dorff.
August 13, 2012
Great Harvey Keitel action flick.
May 4, 2012