63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

City of Industry Reviews

Anthony L

September 29, 2009
It annoys me when people refer to this film as a QT rip off. Its not, QT rips off other peoples films! This film is a just an above average revenge movie. Worth a watch!
garyX
garyX

December 12, 2006
Another quality QT rip off, with the ever reliable Harvey Keitel out to wreak bloody revenge on enjoyably psychotic Stephen Dorff. Nothing new but efficiently done.
Jeffrey M

August 19, 2011
City of Industry is transformed from an average revenge crime thriller, to a very good one because of a commanding and brooding performance by the criminally under-appreciated Harvey Keitel, who seemingly channels the intensity from his role in Bad Lieutenant.
Marcus W

May 4, 2012
This is watchable and enjoyable and a harmless way to spend 90 minutes...even if it is a MASSIVE rip-off of Reservoir Dogs.
Christopher B

April 8, 2008
Enjoyable crime film, though not that memorable (hence the short review).
RockabillySaint
RockabillySaint

August 29, 2006
Wasn't as good as I expected; horribly cliche, and I was upset that Keitel didn't get to say much. If you're going to make him play a hardened criminal (which he is great at), at least give him some cool lines. Moved a little too quickly for my taste, with hardly any character developement. I was glad that he didn't "fall in love" with Famke Jansen's character; that would have been my limit, lol. All and all fairly good, but it could have been way better.
LittleMissBloodAndGuts
April 6, 2014
A criminal hunts down the getaway driver who betrayed his crew in this no-nonsense, engrossing crime thriller.

I avoided this film for years as I am bored with crime movies about low-functioning punks. But I was wrong about this film. I didn't realize Hutton and Keitel are in it. You'll also see an uncredited Elliot Gould. None of these actors make bad movies. All give good performances.

City Of Industry is gritty and well-paced, the punks are high-functioning, and ti contains a couple of minor twists I didn't see coming. Most importantly, this movie is more or less believable, the dialogue isn't corny, the action isn't unrealistic, and the story doesn't insult your intelligence. It held my attention and I was pleasantly surprised.
jjb3332003
December 9, 2008
A bit of Reservoir Dogs in this gritty little flick. Could've been even better but it just seemed to lack that oomph. Nice directing and quality cast.
December 16, 2007
Awesome little flick. Harvey Keitel gets f'd over and is out for blood. Think Mr. White continued--with a license to crack heads open. Good stuff.
April 3, 2014
A very good well acted thriller.
March 16, 2013
What an awesome and underrated crime drama! See it and tell me if Harvey Keitel is not absolutely perfect in it.
September 11, 2011
Harvey Keitel + diamond heist - Tarantino = bo-ring! And dumb.
Jeffrey M

August 19, 2011
May 14, 2011
Not for those with a weak stomach...
moviebuff18cab
September 6, 2010
CITY OF INDUSTRY (1997)
hzugman
August 11, 2006
THU AUG 10th. This started out as a sort of interesting bank job movie and degraded into a shoot 'em up. Just didn't grab me.
Alfod
May 23, 2005
Best in Show: Harvey Keitel
One for the future: Stephen Dorff
Stand-out scene: Missing taxi
Brainer or no-brainer: Brainer
Stands up to one viewing or repeated?: One
DVD commentary any good?: n/a

TV
If the director could have publicised this an a pre-Reservoir Dogs incident in the life of Mr White this might not have bombed at the box office. Harvey Keitel stars as Roy Egan, the sole survivor of a member of a jewelery heist gang whose newest recruit, Chip (Dorff) attempts to off the rest of his cohorts and keep the entire spoils for himself. Gunned down but alive it's left to Roy to track down the traitor, extract the loot and exact the ultimate revenge. Thinking about it, it's unlikely that Mr White would have total blind trust in Mr Orange having gone through this little lot, so scratch that earlier comment. Famke Janssen also appears as the girlfriend of one of the betrayed, whom Roy turns to initially for information on the whereabouts of Chip and later for life-saving medical attention. While the robber-with-a-heart seeking redemption is nothing new, plot-wise, Keitel makes for a compelling lead character with much rootability. Chip is his polar opposite, evil made incarnate, Brit director John Irvin (also responsible for the radically different Widow's Peak) allowing the viewer zero scope for sympathy for the baddie. The final twist smacks somewhat of tinkering due to preview audience opinion, but this is an above average offering in its genre.