City of Rott - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

City of Rott Reviews

½ August 27, 2007
Yes it is impressive that one person made an entire animated movie. Well done. That does not mean it is in any way shape or form a good or even passable film. First of all literally the only plus of the film is the way it looks, not the animation but the character design. It's very different but gets tiresome towards the end. So what's so wrong with this film? Let's start with the animation. What we have is essentially a 77 minute film which seems like a flash animation with better graphics. Next up is the sound, at first I thought it was rather good but after 20 minutes of the same repetitive sounds playing I had to turn it down. The annoying techno music which sounded like a computer game didn't help. Although it may be great to see one person make a film it would be better to of had something resembling a story. It tries to be funny by having some old man who talks to his Walker looking for new slippers during a Zombie attack. This idea not only unfunny to start with but runs into some serious problems at 40 minutes when the story arc comes to an end so the last 30 minutes is strewn with filler material. Every bloody scene is also a zombie attack, again making for a painfully repetitive film. Sudol also attempts to do all the voices himself. It sounds awful, he has no comic timing or personality to any of the number of voices he puts on. That's enough of my bitching as it isn't fair to pick on one guy who is no dobt a very hard and dedicated worker. Next time get somebody else to write the screenplay and more people to do the voices and it will be a vast improvement.
½ September 19, 2006
I have no idea why I sat through this entire movie. I mean, the animation was kinda cool, I guess, but the main character was a crank, one guy did the voices of everybodyand I saw the big 'twist' within the first 15 minutes of the movie. I guess seeing an old man beat up zombies with a walker is fun to watch. And the gore was animated really well. Overall, there wasn't much else to like about this.
January 9, 2010
i love this mans work but im not premoting it just cuz its by unearthed films but because it brought back good memories to a degree to me you probly dont see how you would have just had to have been here other than that it was just a really bloody cartoon and i LUV blood so just about anything bloody thats good i give it a thubs up
½ August 29, 2008
Fun movie. Animation was very clever. This is a bad ass zombie film. The zombs had no chance against Walker.
½ November 4, 2007
Damn right awesome... It's an hour long flash movie created by a guy with a lot of free time. There are two shorts that are pretty funny on here too. The story is about and old guy named Fred that is wielding his trusty walker (that he talks to) fighting zombies in search of a new pair of shoes. [very bloody]
July 13, 2007
it was a good zombie flik
funny and with more of a plot then most, and of course alot of fighting and killing zombies
very well animated reminds me somewhat of something that should have air on MTV"s Oddities
November 7, 2006
The cheesy animation gag got old pretty quickly. I think it would have been funnier as a ten minute short, rather than a feature-length film.
½ October 15, 2006
Shittiest movie I have ever seen in my life! I have little to no respect for anyone that can watch this movie and like it at all. It wasn't remotely funny or interesting at all and the plot was rediculous!
½ October 9, 2006
It was so horrible I wanted to kill myself just watching it. I don't think there has ever been a movie that made me more angry to watch!
½ September 28, 2006
animated zombie gore's not bad...i definitely prefer non animated zombies though
August 23, 2010
This is the best zombie movie I've ever seen that I'll also never own. An awesome premise for a 30 minute short feature, but clocking in at just at 77 minutes, it's a little too long for the story it tells.

Our hero, Fred, an elderly man armed only with his walker and talking shoes, sets out in search of a new pair of shoes and something to eat in the town of Rott, which is currently invested by zombies galore. A gem of an animated gorefest zombie movie and worth at least one viewing.
July 21, 2007
The story of an old man who talks to his walker while on a mission to find a new pair of shoes in a city filled with terribly animated zombies. This entire movie is filled with messages in the background, whether it's graffiti on the wall or a sales sign, about how we are all just lambs who follow the government or try to fit in.

All in all, this movie stole several brain cells from me and I am warning anyone who has had time to read this to steer clear of this terribly movie!