The Cockettes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cockettes Reviews

November 1, 2008
San Francisco Summer of Love that dare not stay the same recounted by counter-culture drag/drug/dole demi-monde.
½ June 2, 2014
I'm naturally drawn to eccentric people but I didn't feel this was produced in a way that kept my attention. It was way too repetitive. I needed a new handle instead of seeing semi naked drag queens doing different messy routines over and over again.
August 16, 2009
Fabulous documentary!
January 2, 2009
2002 Seattle International Film Festival
November 1, 2008
July 1, 2008
Ah..if I could only go back in time...
½ March 17, 2008
A little seen but fascinating documentary about a troupe of hippie drag queens; great archival footage and modern day interviews.
January 28, 2008
Excellent documentary following the lives of outsider hippies in San Francisco in the late 60's. Sylvester, Divine, they are all there!
October 22, 2007
I don't know exactly why you'll find this information important, but it might explain a few things you didn't know about me.
October 8, 2007
This was really interesting on the countercultures in America. Excellent time casule.
October 2, 2007
A group who tried for a more beautiful world....thank goodness someone took the time to record their mark in our society....
½ October 1, 2007
Extensive documentary about one of the greatest underground phenomenons ever. Contains plenty of brilliant interviews, amazing rare footage and tons of photographs. If you are into beautiful gender bending people on acid, this one's for you.