• PG-13, 1 hr. 46 min.

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Comic Book - The Movie Reviews

Emily A

June 17, 2008
This movie was a very clever concept. Mark Hamill makes a monument to his own nerdom and peoples it with his voice actor buddies. Okay, that makes it sound bad, but it really is very good and funny. Hamill creates a non-existent comic book character through which to examine the culture of comic collection and fandom. Jess Harnell and Kevin Smith are particularly good, and Smith is extra funny if you've seen his Evening With series. Heaps of talent brought this movie into being, and it really shows.
Jason S

January 8, 2008
Silly and poorly acted. Fun for comic fans I guess and you get to see a little bit of comic con.
Michael G

December 6, 2006
A few parts aside, this really sucked. Hamill was so annoying.
James A

May 18, 2006
What the fuck was this load of crap really about. Just a bunch of voice over actors trying to feel important.
gamekiddan
November 8, 2008
This is totally a geek's movie, so if you aren't crazy about all of the comic book movies out there, or can't stand Star Wars, cartoons, or fanboys, don't even bother looking at the case. Otherwise, Watch this movie and check out every feature on both discs. This movie is great on so many levels. It's a mockumentary with real comic book icons and fans, filmed at a real ComiCon. Besides, look at that cast list and tell me you don't want to see it. Even if you aren't crazy about comics, check it out for Mark Hamill, Bruce Campbell, Hugh Hefner, and all of the famous voice over artists. This is a great movie.
memphismst3k
December 25, 2007
Fun in spots, and watchable (especially if you're a geek/fanboy/fangirl) but the documentary framing device is applied unevenly and not very effectively.
jeremyroberts
May 18, 2007
This movie was alright, it could have been better in my opinion, but when the laughs come in this movie, they come hard, everytime I laughed, I had tears in my eyes. When Rick talks like The Beatles and of course "We're Simpatico" "I'm not even Italian!"
MrTalbotOO7
March 8, 2007
A loving and entertaining, if not particularly funny, homage to all things nerdy, with an unbelievable cast and likeable storyline. Big points for being all improvised and never boring. I had higher hopes for the comedic aspects of the film, but at least it kept a smile on my face for most of the running length, and the cast was exceptionally likeable. A solid love letter to all us nerds out there, and reccommended without much trepidation.
animangalv
February 14, 2007
Anyone who is into comics, voice work, Star Wars, anime, geek stuff will get this movie. It's hilarious.
February 13, 2007
The bonus features are actually more entertaining than the film itself, but it still has its moments.
powerpuffdee11
January 8, 2007
Mark Hamill does an excellet job realistically capturing the events of a comic con and comic book fans. You can tell that he really is a fanboy himself. As a comic fan who has attended comic conventions I found this particularly funny and easy to relate to. But I'm not sure how non-comic fans would take to this film.
December 28, 2013
I really wanted to like this film, but it's just not very good. While it is admirable that Hamill could make a film like this with just a few days of Comic-Con to shoot in, it drags too much. Part of the problem is that it's a fanboy orgy, but unless you are a hardcore fan, a lot of the cameo are rather pointless. Of example, I like Bruce Timm's work, but I have no idea of what the man looks like. After the film was over I noticed Timm is in the film, but he's not pointed out. A lot of people are completely wasted, like the late Jonathan Winters. It's a pretty muddy concept with a self-righteous ending. It was a huge disappointment.
Jack S.
August 9, 2013
This is a movie that celebrates the inner geek in everyone. And yeah you have to understand comics and the passion that some fanboy's have to get the jokes. But i would hardly call it a horrible movie. I've seen far worse.
ModKuraika
May 13, 2013
A loving tribute that knows how to laugh at itself.
May 13, 2013
A loving tribute that knows how to laugh at itself.
September 19, 2012
A fun, mockumentary that looks at the fandom and personal tastes when it comes to the world of comic books. Its also nice to see voice talent in front of the camera for a change.
October 2, 2011
The only reason I found this mildly entertaining, because I was a comic book nerd years ago, and I got a good amount of the jokes.
May 27, 2011
Luke Skywalker and Philip J Fry in the same movie together! Thats probably the most exciting part of it, other than that it was a pretty lame mockumentary.