64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Coneheads Reviews

Phil H

August 5, 2011
SNL madness but oh what glorious madness this is with an epic cast of comedy greats and character actors...,Aykroyd, Spade, Farley, Lovitz, Hartman, Sandler, Griffin, Sinbad, Drew Carey, Tom Arnold, Whip Hubley, Posey, DeGeneres and Jane Curtain, quite the list there.

The film itself is virtually B-movie in essence and doesn't hide the fact with crazy over the top acting and cheesy looking effects which at the same time do still kinda hold up today. The sequences where Aykroyd gets his teeth capped and the fight against the 'Rancor' type monster in the finale are fantastic examples of bad/good effects.

The whole film is that classic wacky genius you expect with Aykroyd and his unique thinking along with his amazing ability to reel off large segments of dialog without pause or fault. Other stars have a good time here too, especially Farley who strangely enough is the main love interest in the film and great little cameos from Sandler and Lovitz, nothing that hilarious but its funny.

Its such a silly, basic, childish plot and idea but its been so well directed and lovingly created with that good old fashioned SNL 80's originated comedy that it just can't fail to win.
Apeneck F

April 23, 2008
Granted, an SNL skit lampooning aliens trying to fit in stretched to the limit and beyond, but its still a guilty pleasure with loads of bit parts by a star studded cast. David Spade's suck-up bureaucratic underling nearly steals the show.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

November 27, 2011
Coneheads is mildly amusing here and there, unfortunately the script suffers from a good, engaging plot; therefore the film ends up being a mediocre comedy with unsatisfying results. Coneheads has a few laughs here and there, but for the most part, the result is uneven comedy that has many jokes that simply fall flat. Coneheads could have been a good comedy, but because of an awful script, the film doesn't cut it. I think it's a shame because there's a good comedic cast that director Steve Barron has at hand here, but they don't seem to go nowhere. The film is a mess, and a waste of time. I think it's too bad because this film had the potential of being a good, fun comedy. Not even the good cast of comedians can save this film that is sloppily written. Coneheads is a missed opportunity and even though there are some funny cast members here, they are wasted on-screen and can't save this film. Though mildly amusing at times, the jokes found in Coneheads fall flat and are unfunny. This had the potential of being a funny comedy; unfortunately it ends up being a mediocre film with barely any laughs. The cast like I said, is wasted on such poorly written material, it's a great shame. Coneheads could have been a good comedy, but the script had barely any potential for making this film work. Coneheads is a disappointing, mediocre film that could have been far better than this.
Eric A

August 1, 2011
Weird that I like this movie, but as a kid I had bugged and bugged my parents to take me to see it cause I thought it was cool. I still hear about my nagging over this movie to this day! Coneheads is always gonna be memorable to me.
Spencer S

August 3, 2010
True to the sketches, but wild in it's interpretation of the Hoem Planet. Chris Farley is dopey as ever, and just as cute.
Jason O

October 16, 2009
Another 90's gem that I always liked more than anyone else I know did. I don't care what the critics, friends, family, or anyone else says, this movie's funny and I wouldn't mind owning it!
Bobby H

April 22, 2008
This movie had a good plot idea, had some semi funny parts (like them thinking condoms were chewing gum) and had a good cast. But, it never quite turned out like I hoped.
The plot gets boring fast because you can only go with the chase and relocate plot for so long, while lots of stuff there doing is funny some is just to unrealistic and fantasy to even consider, and with such a great cast its sad that more could not come out of it.
I am not at all saying coneheads is a bad movie, but it was a movie made to quickly. It could of been much better had there been a little more time and thought put into it. It's worth a watch, but nothing spectacular.
thmtsang
thmtsang

January 1, 2008
An alien couple are left behind on earth, while they wait to be collected, they start a family and have to try to adapt to earthly ways.
Tim S

July 30, 2007
Ackroyd pulling at straws.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
Not good enough to remember
Jason S

Funny for it's time.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

November 6, 2010
Beldar (Dan Aykroyd) and Prymatt (Jane Curtin) are a couple with cone-shaped heads from the planet Remulak who crash-landing on Earth. They hope to be rescued and brought back to their planet, but until that happens, they will have to adjust to life on this planet. They begin to live their lives as middle-class humans, which seems to go well for them. They even give birth to a daughter named Connie. However, the government is very suspicious of this family, as they don't believe they are actually human. It's a bit dated but not that bad if you like off the wall comedy.
Yinalí R

August 6, 2007
Classic.
Nicolas K

December 10, 2007
I must have been hypnotized to want to go and see it.
Sunil J

October 24, 2007
These SNL movies tend to suck but this is one of the few that remains funny for an entire film.
KeepGuessing
KeepGuessing

May 14, 2008
Cool movie. I just loved the cool take of the director on family life in general by adding in the alien spin to the story.
Sarah P

February 3, 2008
An enjoyable movie for those who long for the good ole days of SNL.
Lee K

September 24, 2007
i love danny ackroyd but hated this movie
Nathan L

June 18, 2006
A slighly entertaining movie. Lots of dumb comedy but not bad.