97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Confession (Deadly Secrets) Reviews

Todd S

July 22, 2010
This B-Movie gem is the first leading role for Chris Pine, and it may be his best role to date. Pine plays Luther, the "bad" kid at Catholic school who can get you anything you want. He is however caught and along with his roommate, he is quickly booted out of school. Luther becomes obsessed with finding out who turned him in and when he does, the boy mysterious turns up dead. At a similar time, someone confesses to Priest Michael Kelly, who now knows who and why, but can't say anything. As a result Kelly quickly becomes a suspect leading up to a tremendous finally. Pine, best known as the "new" Captain Kirk was just fantastic. It's a shame this is a B-Movie, because if it had been a major release, he would have gained the recognition he deserves a lot sooner. This film is tremendous, I saw it as a modern day Shakespearean tragedy. It has life, death, religion, intrigue, and much more. It's a great film that fell way under the radar!
December 22, 2011
There really are no good guys here. Nobody to root for, because just about everyone is slimy and underhanded. And the plot drags a bit. Overall, it's interesting enough, but with a bit more action, some more in-depth acting and maybe another plot twist or two, this would have been a much better film.
November 25, 2010
Chris Pine plays a student at an all boys catholic school as the rebel & trouble maker selling alcohol, dirty magazines, etc to the kids & acts innocent fooling the priests. Until someone squeals & an unfortunate incident happens. Well Between watching Sands of Oblivion, This & then Frozen.. This was the movie tho not my fare.. I liked best. The character to me is well written showing a well rounded (no wait that?s not the TYPE of person the character is but how the character is written. As Complex as any of us & struggling w/ The issue(s) at hand. C+
November 25, 2012
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD FILM. TOO BAD IT WAS A B-RATED MOVIE, OTHERWISE CHRIS PINE AND OTHERS IN THE FILM WOULD HAVE WON RAVE REVIEWS. THE ACTING OF EACH ACTOR, WITH ONE EXCEPTION, WAS FIRST RATE. IT IS A FILM ONE CANNOT FORGET EASILY. IT TEACHES MANY GOOD 'LIFE LESSONS'........AND LEAVES AN AWFUL ACHE IN ONE'S HEART AT THE END. I WILL WANT TO RE-WATCH IT AGAIN SOMETIME, IT IS AVAILABLE ON DVD.
jazza923
April 19, 2008
5.5/10. The story is: At St. Michaels Prep, an unspeakable act has been committed. When high school junior Luther Scott confesses to a grisly murder. Now framed guilty by the desperate teen, and under investigation from detective William Fletcher, Kelly must decide to stay silent or give up everything the priesthood holds sacred.

It's an okay film. Nothing special, It certainly is not fond of the Catholic Church, but then again, is anyone fond of the Catholic Church? Having been beaten by nuns and sexually abused by priests, I have my issues with Catholics. Decently produced, nicely acted.