Conjurer

—— Sleepy Hollow: Season 2
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Conjurer Reviews

August 6, 2009
A decent low-budget film, Andrew Bowen(Shawn Burnett) is believable and made this film a easy view. Nothing new, but what is anymore ?
Greggamus
August 5, 2009
It makes up for ok mystery and suspense but wasnt that scary. At least I wasnt entirely lost either with the mysterious plot. Nice that it had a few freaky and strange images but that ending was not pleasing at all.
windauger
January 15, 2009
this is a small indie flick that I saw when it was announced to play at Slamdance film festival next week. It's a bit slow but very well done. It does not try and be some Asian retread or a lot of jump cuts and noise. It has very little gore and a spooky creepy vibe that played out well. a lot better than much bigger studio movies
September 29, 2013
A decent low-budget horror that builds a good plot despite atrocious acting and a cheap shot-on-digital overall feel. It squanders all the good points on a downer ending but is still considerably better than most of the horrible jump scare ridden or found-footage nonsense that passes for horror nowadays.
Dave J
February 6, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012

(2008) Conjurer
HORROR

Wife and husband whose just loss a baby decide to seek for a new life by moving to a new house set up by his brother-in-law played by John Schneider of Dukes Of Hazzard fame. He then start to see and hear things regarding the old cabin nearby his house which is supposed to be inhabitat by an old witch whose somehow reincarnated into a black crow and the protagonist obsessively seeks for answers about it's the house's true history.
The twist is okay but with one too many. And although the scene where the wife puts on a lost ring (suspected to have belonged to the witch) without saying anything about it and just puts it on is nonsense and does not reflect what most people would do upon finding something that does not belong to them is nonsense. It is on that scene and the very last shot killed the entire movie.

2 out of 4
June 18, 2011
another creepy movie and it was alright
DANNY S.
January 16, 2009
Very good little indie flick that doesn't go for the gore and Asian retread or CGI garbage that plagues so many horror movies these days. It caught our eye after it had good reviews and won some film festivals and then was announced to screen at Slamdance. It's a bit slow in the beginning and has some horror movie standards that we've all seen before but has a good pace and very spooky touches that were both creepy and fresh. If you like ghost / mystery stories with intelligence and quality then check this out. It was a nice surprise for such a no name movie with a low budget. Much better than a lot of the studio movies with 30 times the budget.