Conspiracy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Conspiracy Reviews

deano
½ June 15, 2008
Not a bad explosive, action-packed thriller of the former Special Ops sniper becomes determined to find out the truth of what happened to his Marine friend. Val Kilmer is quite fine in his action scenes like Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren and Steven Seagel.
½ November 28, 2012
Melodramatic film that can be easily avoided. The summary of this film is highly inaccurate because it's not tense at all. Everyone had good Southern accents :3 It wasn't too bad, but not good either. Jay Jablonski really can't act, despite the good looks.
October 26, 2009
This movie made it's themes (war profiteering, corporate interests in government) seem too simple and black and white. As a movie itself, the acting wasn't great and the story didn't move along very smoothly.
½ March 14, 2009
Conspiracy is a thriller about a senior special operations officer for the US Marines who after being wounded in Iraq returns to the states and decides its time to retire once home he gets a phone call from a old army buddy asking him to come join him on a ranch out west once MacPherson shows up his friend is nowhere to be found and no one in the town even says he lived there thats when MacPherson believes there is something far more shady going on in this small town and decides to investigate finding out there is much more going on then first seen. Ok action movie but wasnt meant for someone like Val Kilmer who takes the lead here slow moving at times so this one is stuck in the middle and wont be for everyone watch at your own risk
½ June 23, 2008
Pretty odd movie, and it was kinda slow movie. I love Val, but this wasn't one of my favorites.
July 2, 2008
This movie was bad enough that I forgot to even write a review about it! I was searching through movies on here and ran across it and thought to myself, "Yeah, I remember this piece of crap!" This movie was aweful! The acting was horrible and you would think it was a low budget B movie with how bad the plot and acting were in this film. Definitely the worst movie with Val Kilmer to date. It had some good actors in this movie but the crappy storyline and bad directing made them suck. I suggest nobody see this film.
½ June 11, 2008
It was not bad at all. Val is looking old lately but can still kick ass & hold his own. Had some good messages about the Iraq war (we need to come home already & save our soldiers lives!), Immigration, prejudice/stereotypes, Etc.
Had a few sad moments too. Cool action scenes, Val was cool as were his co actors (The chick from Crash & the boss from the movie Office Space who stole the stapler from the mumbling dude)
July 11, 2015
A poorly paced thriller with some decent actors in it that just doesn't live up to its potential. MacPherson, Val Kilmer's character, is an ex-marine looking for another vet who invited him to Arizona. Everyone in the town, including law enforcement, acts suspicious and is trying to make him leave. Gee, wonder if something bad happened to his friend. Jennifer Esposito, who usually plays tough women, was fairly wasted her. Still seeing MacPherson take out several officers on only one leg was worth the time to see this.
Robbanflix
May 18, 2008
Val Kilmer latest movies have gone more towards lower standard. This movie are in that category but its watchable with a decent story. He plays here a marine soldier with some problems after the Iraq War. He ends up in a strange town to find his old war friend. The movie starts of with some drama and later more action. Overall it's just an ordinary average flick..
½ November 30, 2013
Locals and cops are really mean for no reason to a completely innocent war vet just minding his own business...now why does this plot seem familiar? Because it's exactly the same as First Blood, the first of the Rambo franchise. It was lame then and, 30 years later, it's still lame. Hollywood desperately needs new writers.
½ January 25, 2013
I'd be surprised if Val Kilmer didn't owe someone a favor or lose a bet when he signed on for this. Worse than a 'USA Up All Night' 2am movie with Rhonda Shear.
½ November 28, 2012
September 23, 2012
I've seen better. Val Kilmer in this tries to come across as a great actor. And it doesn't work.
April 2, 2012
It's a Steven Seagal movie without Steven Seagal.... so it's a little better than a Steven Seagal movie.
December 6, 2011
Just an awful anti white racist left wing diatribe of a movie. The lead villain is a war profiteer and vigilante who for some reason hires illegal aliens. I guess he needs some people to abuse. The plot is weak for an action movie.
December 30, 2010
A pretty good one-man army, but certainly no psychological thriller. Kept waiting for something unpredictable, but not in this movie.
½ July 25, 2010
New take on an old formula, however competent, has the old Hollywood weaknesses. Updating an old stereo type with Iraq, a suicide child-bomb and a russian femme-fatale just isn't enough.
Too predictable for the quality performances and cameo moments of brilliance to rescue.
September 16, 2009
We've got the cliched redneck border patrol, ineffective old sheriff, and the hot damsel.

There's a final shootout scene where the two good guys crouch with no cover and shoot two dozen men, without being fatally wounded themselves. Nice camera work gents, you've successfully hidden the view that shows they were 12 feet apart. I didn't notice that suddenly all the scenes became close-ups, not at all. But I did notice the bad guys were shuffling awfully slow for a shoot out.

And what was with the hints at supernatural powers? Dreck, all around dreck.
April 16, 2009
[color=DarkRed][size=3][font=Times New Roman]Dear god this movie brought me down. Val Kilmer acts like he is sick and dying. Marlon Brando at his most taciturn wasn't this tight lipped. Why spend money on decent production values when the star doesn't know where he is?

Kilmer's face is reminiscent of President Pompidou of France when he was having chemo for cancer. Does Val Kilmer have cancer? Is that why he was virtually immobile in the entire film? Was he in too much pain to act?

I remember Kilmer in Real Genius and Thunderheart, cheeky presence and virile fortitude. Now he looks like he is decomposing.

Bummer.
[/font][/size][/color]
January 20, 2009
its a gud cinema its quite similar to the Bourne series but its a must see filim :fresh: