Contamination - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Contamination Reviews

Page 1 of 5
TheDudeLebowski65
Super Reviewer
April 5, 2011
Reading reviews I knew that Contamination was an Alien rip off. As far as thats concerned, well this is one entertaining ripoff. I love Italian horror films. Italians have always delivered some gory, depraved shockers, Contamination is definitely one gory film that will appeal to the diehard gore fan. The Strength of this film along with many other Italian horror films is the gore content. I thought the had a good story considering it was a rip off, and I thought the film was very entertaining. Contamination is the perfect example of a well done ripoff. The acting may not be the best, but man does the film deliver on its horrifying content.Contamination might appeal to fans of Ridley Scott's Alien, and as a fan of Scott's sci fi horror classic, I knew that what to expect in this film, but because Contamination is not a big Hollywood production, the filmmakers where able to accomplish a lot more in the gore section. Contamination may not be a perfect film, but I give it high marks for being a horrific and entertaining film. Italian horror has always amped up its violence and though not original, Contamination is still an awesome film that will appeal to horror fans.
Keiko A. --Samurai--
Super Reviewer
½ November 4, 2010
ルイージコジー監督、出演イアンマカロック、ルイーズマーロー、サンマリノ間瀬、ジークフリートラウチとカルロデMejo

聖霊は、私にはテレビ放送私が覚えて私が若い頃テレビ、からこれを覚えているたわごと。それは遅いと思うか?しかし、それはですとにかくオールド厄介なイギリスのBBFC非常に興味深い歴史を持つイタリア語。しかし、私は彼がかつて私は、全3嫌なものを見たことがあるインチ...私は彼が映画のこれらの種類のように、より多くの才能があったと思うていた3つの映画の多くは、スコットランド人俳優イアンマカロックの最高の演技の瞬間アウトに同意する。

だからニューヨークの港に船の役割は、彼らが、健康と安全部門では、誰もが病気になっていることを確認するために呼び出すとするボード上の誰もがありますか?そして、彼らはすぐにあるあらゆる場所で身体の部分と、大きな緑色の卵の船の負荷を見つける。メンバーの一人が、次の蒸気管にピックアップした後は、皮膚のすべてのあそこ物質のように酸を爆発。一度それにも別の場所にある皮膚が、体が爆発下です。
この事故の後、ニューヨークは地球の細菌の包囲下にある。

私は冗談が80年代に戻ってビデオ淫乱リストにこれを配置することを言う必要がありますか?私が来るという...それはそれは暴力的なだけで血みどろの聞かせてすべての偶数ではない。それはかなりの人がスローモーションで爆発が血まみれだが、私は英語がそれを禁止することで少しのみ過ぎて反応だと思います。先頭日にこれはのみ(使用すると、15する必要がある上にこの映画を表示するために、という意味)私の国では、R - 15開催しました。
それは日の公正な、しかし、それを禁止するか?それだけでも...間違っていると上に。

物語の65%:悪の心を制御手下と火星...邪悪な、素晴らしい(自己中心XDさん)のような大規模な外国人はそれは純粋に任意のジェームズボンド映画のSFのバージョンの詳細ですが、と。

文字の73%は:Ianさんの文字が"イアン"と彼はよくして、Timothyドルトンを行う最高でした。そして、彼はアクションと怖いシーンを持ってこの世界の中でも、好きです。人々は全体的にので、ハイライト面白いとロマンチックがあることができます。

再びイアンマカロックの最高の瞬間を文字のように、このジェームズボンドとして脚光を浴びて:演技で69%。彼は戦いの何か、外国人でその衝突が怒っていた。しかし、他の誰にとってもそれは大丈夫何も文句を言うくらいにです。

特殊効果の80%は:それは時間だとする外国人は驚くほど、すべてのスライムと怖い探し、それを実行しているたわごといくつかの素晴らしい効果があります。そして、それは、食べる方法を心のコントロールの人々。シーンを爆発人々を含む他のエフェクトは、すべての腸のとがらくたは、すぐに本体があるの実行と、怒っていた。ミニオンとその1つは、(自己再び中心!XD)を、見てみると最高。

他のすべてで69%:音楽はゴブリン最高の仕事ではありませんが、いいですね、私はすべてがCDのそれは可能ですがリビングデッドのマイナス地獄が用意されている。それは大丈夫されたアクションは後半の暗い船が、より多くのと怖いスタートを切っている。銃の戦いは大丈夫でした。

がスタートするので、外国人のリッピング、別の不要な映画、で終わって、よかったが、ストーリーは面白かったです。

恵子さんのスコア78から100。
Ariuza k.
Super Reviewer
½ January 9, 2011
I decide to revisit this from after 17 years because I just finished reading the "Mangas" of Alien Arrives on Earth (Contamination). This film its self was a "Video Nasty" in England a list for prosecuting film that are violent and this motion picture got onto that list with all the people exploding in slow motion. Of course it's an Alien (film) rip-off with all the 007 elements in it too although this does have its advantages over Alien. I admit to being frightened of this film with my laserdisc called Alien Contamination when I was really young with all the dead "bodies" just littering the ground, though that version was the edited version that no-one liked. Today I have the Blue Underground DVD which has been digitally re-mastered and is fully Uncut.

I think it's funny that the movie was a nasty from England but I laugh that this movie caused some much controversy (I mean why?). It's not that violent it's just ultra bloody though today it holds a 15 rating in England but it always hold's a 15 rating here in Korea for its time and China and Japan and Thailand.

I boat drifts into NYC seemingly empty "With no one on board" so the police have a look and find the boat riddled with dead bodies of the passengers for some reason there insides were everywhere. And then they find eggs "Hundreds or even thousands" of them but when heated to a degree they explode spewing out a foul acid that makes the things it touch explode into nothing (or all over the place). So discover the eggs are linked to a mission to mars that ended badly so they get in touch with Ian one of the crew. He explains that they found a cave with millions of them and that someone might be making them here on earth

So of course it hits those 007 elements in the second half you know like Stealth, Disguises, Enemies, Deadly evil plans. Ian McCulloch to me it's a very underrated actor who can show us his acting ability very well to me he does a better 007 then Timothy Dalton. Louise Marleau is like one of the bond girls but she herself doesn't do much, like always in any 007 movie the enemies takes them to the secret layer and there they find this alien breading the eggs and it plans to devour them, were Ian McCulloch kicks down the door and starts shooting all the mind controlled minions.

The special effects are indeed bloody but not gory, I like the part were the acid stuff leaks onto one of the minions and his insides explode and come out his chest (Alien rip-off of course. And of course the hideous Alien with a massive head like a Martian (he is one of course). With all those unknowing body parts when he devours one of the people. So in all respect to this the effects are MAD there the reason it was banned in the UK and other country willing to sell it.

I think what ruins the film is its Pace being slow of course and some scene at least being fast moving. I think it just dulls down the film that's the reason I gave it a "70%". The Mangas kind of drag as well but there altered in a different way. Ian is still the Hero of the Mangas in Anime style but the Alien looks a lot different. Goblins score was a let down wasn't all that good. (My favourite from them is Hell of the Living Dead)

Look I Close this not sure there is much else to say." it's not the best Flick to come out of Italy but still good but not violent" If your not sure about the movie watch the "trailer".
Beefy
Super Reviewer
November 11, 2007
No surprises here. Early 80's Italian Alien knock-off with a budget low enough to keep all of the action on the Earth. Some explosively gory special effects, some laughable dialogue, and a terrifically silly monster that's a throwback to sci-fi days of old.

Nice to hear the director own up to the film being an Alien knock-off in the extras. Rare honesty.
Super Reviewer
July 12, 2008
When a boat comes ashore and there is believed to be no one inside a cop and a doctor investigate only to find the crew dead upon lookin further they find some huge green pods when one touches them it releases a flesh eating acid now the cop must help a former astromaut and government agent track down and stop the source of these pods before its too late. Another Italian made movie this one takes alittle from body snatchers and alittle from aliens and what you get is this a sci movie with alot more talking then action but still intresting enough to wait for the slow motion killings watch at your own risk.
½ June 16, 2014
A sort of spoof idea off of Alien, the soundtrack was done by The Goblins. (aka Goblin) Not the worst film I've ever seen & having Goblin playing throughout was nice.
May 6, 2013
Slow, cheap, with minor thrills. There's a good bit of gore and some eerie moments, but the story isn't great, the characters are mild, and the monster looks ridiculous. The atmosphere and the effects make the film a bit fun to watch, if you can stay awake from the dull dialog scenes.
May 19, 2012
The movie starts with a bang with some impressive body horror and splatter that was above average fro the day. However once the initial setup passes the middle section is an excruciating with endless stilted dialogue that drags and fails to capitalize on that early good will.
September 6, 2011
Lucio Fulci meets James Bond meets It Conquered the World: a more accurate description I could not provide.
March 30, 2011
After suffering through the retched Italian "Alien" rip-off "Alien 2: On Earth", I decided to revisit another retched Italian "Alien" rip-off with Luigi Cozzi's "Contamination" to erase that other horrible experience from my mind. The subtle difference between this and that asinine motion picture "Alien 2" is that this one actually manages to be entertaining in its sheer ineptitude as opposed to making the audience drowsy from boredom.

What we got here is an alien conspiracy to destroy all human life on Earth. A Brooklyn cop boards a drifting ship in New York's harbor (a scene very similar to the opening to Lucio Fulci's "Zombie") only to discover grisly corpses and thousands of pulsating green eggs. Before anyone makes a 'green ham' reference let me say up front that these are not eggs one wants to eat as they explode when rip, covering people with some strange green goo which in turn makes the individuals chest and stomach explode and a barrage of blood and guts. Why do you ask? No other reason than because chests that burst out with blood and guts is EXTREME. These kiwi's from hell are all somehow tied to a mars mission and a coffee plantation in South America where an Alien is mind controlling people to cultivate it's eggs and spread them for mass murder. Now it's up to an ugly female army colonel, a Brooklyn cop and an alcoholic ex-astronaut to save the world.... I guess that means we're all fucked.

Why in the holy hell would the United States only send three people, two not even military or scientists, to scope out this egg farm when they know damn well it could be the start of an apocalyptic wave of chest bursting? Wouldn't we want to send the entire armed forces along with scientists to... I don't know... save the possible demise of the human race? This is one of only many ridiculous plot aspects of this silly little film but they all only manage to add to the sheer hilarity of this unintentional laugh fest. My personal favorite is after landing in South America our Colonel has an assassination attempt on her with an egg yet they go on later in the day going to the coffee plantation posing as possible buyers when it's obvious the assholes already know who they are! And they wonder why they were captured so flippin' easy. All I have to say is if these are the best people we got to save the world then the human race deserves to die.

Director Luigi Cozzi (using his Americanized pseudonym Lewis Coates) was definitely inspired by "Alien" for this flick with the "egg" concept and even the "chest bursting" sequences but he also throws in a little "James Bond" type world domination plot device as well as a few nods to 50s B-science fiction films. Hell there is even a reference to an old "Star Trek" episode by having the Alien eggs be silicon based as opposed to carbon. What kills the film is the awful (yet hilarious) dialogue, insane plot holes and ultra cheezy effects. Cozzi does what he can to salvage the film from the silly effects with some clever editing tricks but only he is to blame for the awful dialogue... but it's wonderfully awful dialogue so I can't harp on him too much for that.

Against Cozzi fashion the filmmakers casted a rather homely woman as our lead considering Cozzi is known for having gorgeous bombshells in his pictures (most notably the curvy Caroline Munro who ran around in a space bikini in "StarCrash"). Underrated British actor Ian McCulloch (whom Italian cult film fans may recognize from "Zombie" and "Zombie Holocaust) saves the picture as the alcoholic astronaut who doesn't like his manhood criticized.

Sure "Contamination" (released in the U.S. cut as "Alien Contamination") is bad but how could a conspiracy film with green eggs (pulsating to a hilarious sound effect), a mission to mars, a cyclops alien, gut bursting gore, an alcoholic astronaut, an exploding rat and another bad ass score from the rock group Goblin not be at least a little entertaining. For fans of bad yet entertaining Italian trash.... you have yourself a treasure trove with "Contamination."
September 15, 2010
Ah, Luigi Cozzi, when you go wrong, you go wrong so well! This time out, Cozzi brings us his vision of "Alien comes to earth." An abandoned ship carrying coffee crates filled with gigantic avocados arrives in New York. But wait, those aren't avocados! They're eggs from Mars made of bacteria, and when they get warm they explode... and if the egg-goo gets on you, you explode, too! A colonel from a secret military organization, a NYC cop and a washed-up astronaut team up to stop the green egg menace from destroying the world... using a combination of guns, flamethrowers, computers that look like something off the bridge of the original Enterprise, and dialogue so dangerously cheezy that it ought to be subject to international treaties.

"Contamination" is well into trash masterpiece territory. The scenery-chewing performances by lead trio Louise Marleau, Marino Mas and Ian McCulloch are truly epic, and they appear to be having a good time with every minute of it. The three actors must have known they were in an awful movie and poured their hearts into making it as ridiculous as possible. The gore is plentiful, with lots of exploding viscera liberally splattering the lens accompanied by much screaming and groaning. And the rubber, tentacled space cyclops monster behind the whole thing... classic!

If you're looking for a well-crafted, terrifying science fiction horror movie... forget this one. If you're looking for a whacked-out where everything that can go wrong does go wrong in the most laughable way possible, see this one! This is Troma does "Alien" without trying to be funny, which might just be the most entertaining thing of all.
June 7, 2008
2.5/10. Ultra cheep and cheesy Italian sci-fi Alien rip-off. Badly acted, incredibly poor score and a not so subtle plot. Really stupid.
½ May 3, 2008
Giallo meets Aliens with bad results as a former astronaut helps a government agent and detective figure out a possible alien invasion thanks to handfuls of alien pods popping up here and there which contain some really bad acid. The effects are kinda fun, but this movie is one giant sloppy mess. Good for a laugh or two, but not for a serious view.
½ April 11, 2008
Rip off of Alien--Yes! Lots of fun--Answer still yes! Cozzi boils Alien to two basic things: giant, green, leathery eggs and chest bursting. Lots o' chestbursting. Still this is a fun film starring Ian McCullough from Zombi 2 and Zombi Holocaust. I enjoy him as an Italian, poor man's version of Roger Moore.
½ July 21, 2007
I just like the gore and violence in this movie, but as story and plot go, pretty lame...maybe a rip-off of Body Snatchers in a way?
½ December 20, 2015
Little did cinema realize when it happened just how much Sergio Leone's first two entries of 'The Man With No Name' trilogy, in making spaghetti-western versions of Akira Kurosawa's 'Yojimbo' and 'Sanjuro', would be an influence, today, 50-odd years later. It could be said that in the fervor of Italian directors going from one filmmaking trend to the next (from the neorealist agenda of 'Ossessione' and 'Rome, Open City', to swords-and-sandals epics, then spaghetti westerns, then the crime films of the 70's, then space invasion films, such as this, after the huge global success of Sir Ridley Scott's 'Alien' and George Lucas' 'Star Wars') has had almost as much an influence on cinema as the groundbreaking game-changers that initiated this mass-production. It taught virtually all filmmakers that with a fraction of the huge Hollywood budget, a couple of ideas could be extrapolated into a much cheaper film that could ride on the coattails of success of its way-more-famous predecessor.

Being nostalgic, there were some things that really scored big for me and made me raise my rating: Seeing the Twin Towers of New York City again, the Goblin soundtrack and the Cannon Pictures logo, especially. It's a suspenseful, well-made for its expense sci-fi film that isn't simply worth a watch, but is worth owning a copy and re-watching as well. This is most definitely one of my finer finds from my ominous Mill Creek 50-pack, 'Nightmare Worlds'.
½ April 21, 2016
Little did cinema realize when it happened just how much Sergio Leone's first two entries of 'The Man With No Name' trilogy, in making spaghetti-western versions of Akira Kurosawa's 'Yojimbo' and 'Sanjuro', would be an influence, today, 50-odd years later. It could be said that in the fervor of Italian directors going from one filmmaking trend to the next (from the neorealist agenda of 'Ossessione' and 'Rome, Open City', to swords-and-sandals epics, then spaghetti westerns, then the crime films of the 70's, then space invasion films, such as this, after the huge global success of Sir Ridley Scott's 'Alien' and George Lucas' 'Star Wars') has had almost as much an influence on cinema as the groundbreaking game-changers that initiated this mass-production. It taught virtually all filmmakers that with a fraction of the huge Hollywood budget, a couple of ideas could be extrapolated into a much cheaper film that could ride on the coattails of success of its way-more-famous predecessor.

Being nostalgic, there were some things that really scored big for me and made me raise my rating: Seeing the Twin Towers of New York City again, the Goblin soundtrack and the Cannon Pictures logo, especially. It's a suspenseful, well-made for its expense sci-fi film that isn't simply worth a watch, but is worth owning a copy and re-watching as well. This is most definitely one of my finer finds from my ominous Mill Creek 50-pack, 'Nightmare Worlds'.
January 17, 2016
Looking back at this movie today it can be joyfully celebrated as a movie completely of its time. There are many plot holes and the acting is noting spectacular. On the other hand it's fun to watch for the practical effects and for its over the top chest-explosion scenes. Overall it fits snuggly into its place as a rising cult classic.
Page 1 of 5