Convict Cowboy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Convict Cowboy Reviews

March 29, 2011
(***): Thumbs Up

A surprisingly entertaining TV film that I had never heard of until I saw it on Netflix.
½ November 3, 2010
Lots of close ups in this jail based, slow paced drama. Comes off as a television movie. Usual drunk cowboy in the city opens the film, breaking windows which draws in the cops. Of course, this puts our drunk city cowpoke into the big slammer (jail).

This one is an introduction to decent folks that do bad things and get tossed into our U.S. criminal justice system.
Jail is not a good thing as you will see.

Original Release Date: Jul 16, 1994

Jon Voight (Midnight Cowboy) and Kyle Chandler star as two incarcerated cowboys who dare to reach for eight seconds of glory in this hard-fisted, rough-and tumble tale of friendship.

Cast
Jon Voight (of Midnight Cowboy)
Kyle Chandler
Marcia Gay Harden
Ben Gazzara (starred in Anatomy of a Murder and Husbands)

Crew
Director: Rod Holcomb
Producer: Norman Powell
Writer: Henry Rosenbaum
Executive Producer: Fred Schneier
½ January 29, 2013
I love this movie. Kyle Chandler was great with Jon Voight and he was so young. Great older movie.
March 29, 2011
(***): Thumbs Up

½ November 3, 2010

Jail is not a good thing as you will see.

Original Release Date: Jul 16, 1994

Cast
Jon Voight (of Midnight Cowboy)
Kyle Chandler
Marcia Gay Harden
Ben Gazzara (starred in Anatomy of a Murder and Husbands)

Crew