Cousin, Cousine Reviews

½ November 25, 2007
I saw Cousins before I saw this film. I wished I had seen this and not bothered with something involving Ted Danson. A delightful experience.
½ July 6, 2012
A well told and intermittently witty film. It is, however, personally difficult--if not impossible--to root for adulterers (no matter how "justified"), thereby stripping Cousin Cousine of a terrific amount of emotional appeal.
February 13, 2014
Do any of my Facebook friends remember this movie? Online it says it was very popular in the US in 1975. Rodd thinks peple just liked to see the actress's breasts. I liked the VERY 1970s soundtrack, but that was it for me.
December 17, 2012
Never have I seen so much chemistry in a movie as between Barrault and Lanoux, utterly stunning. The movie is not nearly as humorous as it tries to be though, and is let down by a weak ending which is either totally unsatisfying or deeply disturbing depending on how you choose to interpret it.
½ July 6, 2012