• PG-13, 1 hr. 45 min.
    In Theaters:
    Dec 12, 1986 Wide
    On DVD:
    Feb 3, 2004
  • De Laurentiis Entertainment Group (DEG)

—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

Crimes of the Heart Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

April 4, 2007
quirky in both a good and bad way
John B

July 18, 2013
Yeeeaaah I can be taken into a good women buddy buddy film but it is so easy for these things to get overly sentimental and drippy. I think that is the true crime of the heart of this picture.
ashley h

August 3, 2007
I was really expecting alot more from this because I love the 3 stars,but it just wasn't quire there. There are some very funny parts and I enjoyed their interaction,but there needed to be more story.
jam233
August 13, 2009
Very well written and directed, nicely drawn characters. The cast is terrific, and the three leads are superb, especially Sissy Spacek. Enjoyable from start to finish. It's a bittersweet story with some very amusing scenes, as well as some very touching ones.
August 30, 2007
Give these actresses some lines and let them fucking run. A slightly better story would be appreciated though.
nikkidawn75
January 14, 2007
God I remember watching this movie over and over. This movie was hilarious. I love that part where Babe (Sissy Spacek) was trying to kill herself and put her head in the oven. If you havent seen this one yet you have too cuz it's funny as hell
August 18, 2013
All three leads are, of course, legends now but Sissy Spacek owns this movie.
February 27, 2013
Re-watched this after several years and it was as delightful as the first time.
April 1, 2011
great female comedy-drama film!
kingofthecorn
June 27, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

The cast is great here and the film, overall, is a darkly funny and bittersweet experience.
starlett2005
December 4, 2006
It's quite a feat to take really good play, give it a great cast, and still manage to make a bad movie. I've liked many of Bruce Beresford's movies, but this one just didn't work. He doesn't have any sense of comic timing, so lot of the humor falls flat. And it's real shame because the actresses are all wonderful. They play off of each other really well, and they really feel like sisters. It's worth seeing just for the acting.
jazza923
December 14, 2005
hereinmyhead
September 21, 2004
Movie based on the Beth Henley play by the same name boasts extraordinary performances from the leads. Sissy Spacek comes off best in a oscar nominated performance. Tess Harper steals nearly every scene she is in. Great character study. I watched on DVR from Bravo tonight. Next up Marilyn Monroe's best with Bus Stop.