Criminal Law Reviews

½ May 21, 2007
Gary Oldman gives a strong performance in this suspense-thriller as an attorney who successfully defends accused killer Kevin Bacon. At first, the film bristles with tension and intelligence, yet it goes on to become predictable and ludicrous.
March 18, 2009
I was expecting alot more for a film that featured both Gary Oldman and Kevin Bacon. They both did a great job in their roles - Gary as a defense atty. who manages to get his client (Bacon) acquitted of murder; and then finds out his client is guilty. Bacon is great at doing creepy. I just thought the story was long and tedious in some places and quite predictable.
½ June 27, 2008
Gary Oldman as a good guy!
½ April 16, 2015
There is something profoundly wrong with having Oldman as the good guy but this thriller is carried by him and Bacon(almost as profound as the bad guy).
November 18, 2014
July 5, 2014
My problem with this film wasn't the acting, but the plot. After a good start, it went downhill. Could have made the same point a lot better than it did with a better story. And in today's climate, some might have felt that the villain wasn't.
½ March 23, 2012
Interesting to see a young Gary Oldman having just saw him in Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy.
½ March 23, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]Twins[/b], directed by Ivan Reitman, stars Arnold Schwarznegger and Danny DeVito as twins sperated at birth who later reunite. This is Arnold's first attempt at comedy, and he isn't half-bad, but the major problem with this film is that it relies on one central joke. Not horrible, just mediocre comedy here. The film also features Kelly Preston and Chloe Webb.

[b]Lust in the Dust[/b], directed by Paul Bartel, is a spood of old westerns which stars Tab Hunter and Divine. Although this film has a few funny moments, you can tell this isn't a John Waters film. If it was it would have been much better.

[b]Criminal Law[/b], directed by Martin Campbell, is a pretty bad legal/crime thriller despite the presence of Kevin Bacon and Gary Oldham.

[b]Road House [/b]was a failed attempt at cashing in on Patrick Swayze's popularity.

[b]Perfect[/b] is the perfect example on why John Travolta's star had faded by the mid 80's.