Cruel Intentions 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cruel Intentions 3 Reviews

January 4, 2008
Not as bad as the second one, (surprisingly), but nowhere near the level of the first one either. At least they were different characters this time - the main character, Cassidy, is a cousin of Katherine's. I say that's a plus because as least it was not messing with the original characters like number two did.
Here we just have thoroughly nasty shallow people and the type of story to leave a bad taste in your mouth. At least they layed off the shock value sex a bit. (Although it is still there).
puffchunk
November 19, 2007
So...I guess sometimes I feel like punishing myself by watching utter garbage. This is one of those times.
August 4, 2009
pointless
ajaymuthecooldevils
½ June 4, 2006
Too bad they bring this movie into a trilogy...
½ November 3, 2013
A salacious thriller, Cruel Intentions 3 continues the exploits of the Merteuil family. This installment follows the sex games of Kathryn's cousin Cassidy, who pits two friends against each other in a competition to see who can seduce one of their fellow college students first; but unknown to them, Cassidy has a secret agenda. The plot's not very original, but it takes some twists and turns that keeps things interesting. Additionally, Kerr Smith and Kristina Anapau have good onscreen chemistry that adds a lot of charisma to the film. Though it's formulaic and relies on stereotypes, Cruel Intentions 3 is a solid exotic thriller that's full of intrigue.
Naughtia
April 15, 2012
I knew that I should have stopped after the first movie but I couldn't resist because of my curiosity. Cruel Intentions 3 did not offer anything new, it just shows us the same old story for the third time. The characters in this movie do not seem authentic at all, everything is just plain dumb. I guess that young teenagers will perhaps find it entertaining because of their curiosity to the sexual subjects and all, but its simply a waste of life to watch this movie all the way through if you're just a little bit matured. I really hope that they will stop making more movies in this series, the story is worn out and not at all interesting anymore.
PC79
½ February 6, 2007
Better then the second one, but not better then the first. Nothing will beat the first one!
February 4, 2014
This is by far the best out of the Cruel Intentions franchise. I was very impressed with the plot & the performances of Kerr Smith, Kristina Anapau, & Wetherington. There are aspects of the plot that are a stretch but still very good. This film is almost a spin-off of the original rather than a true sequel; due to the idea of Katherine Merteuil's cousin Cassidy getting in on the action & continuing the exploits of the Merteuil Family.
The plot is more layered & that makes it more interesting than the original. The plot focuses more on the fact that most of these characters have few if any morals rather than the obvious fact that they are part of the idle-rich Blue Blood class. I wont even try to explain the convoluted plot of sexual manipulation. The plot analyzes heavily the idea that long-distance relationships do not work, the immorality of sexual manipulation, & how people can truly get addicted to these kinds of lifestyles.
The plot is clever but totally eliminates the campy & sappy dark comedy of the sequel. The ending is also a lot more realistic & consistent with at least most of the plot. It's a must see for the fans of this franchise. I wish the film got more attention in 2004. A very good film.
½ December 11, 2011
Decent sequel but doesn't come close to the original. There are, however, some gorgeous women to look at.
May 29, 2011
Sexy, but predictable story of Spoiled College kids playing with others emotions through sexual misleadings.Not even close to as good as cruel intentions intrigues, this story,or lack there of, has lost it's newness & needs to be either refreshed or revamped into something we haven't seen a million times before.
½ April 27, 2011
even worse. second one was crap. should have stopped at the 1st one so good. these werent even close to that one.
½ May 20, 2010
Rather pointless, but it was a little bit better than Cruelk Intentions 2, not that it is saying much! The cast is okay, nothing special in this movie.
½ January 21, 2008
What was the point of this sequel? It is just the same story of the first and second one. It has none of the appeal or sharp writing that the first one had. I guess sometimes i feel like watching a steaming pile of crap
April 15, 2009
I have been wanting to see this ever since I knew it existed and I can't remember why. After watching the sequel to the awesome first film (with real actors I might add), I should have never put myself up to this type of punishment. This movie went nowhere! It was 1.5 hours of sexy girls and stupid bets between the main 2 guys. This is usually the type of movie I like, but this one just led to nothing. The main chick (Kristina Anapau) wants to be like Catherine (from the 1st 2 movies) and she is way hotter than Sarah Michelle Gellar & Amy Adams, but the whole thing is a big tease! *Sigh*
August 8, 2008
Each time the sequels get suckyer. I think the should of just made a part 1. That one was the best. Part 2 was pretty bad adn this one was even worse. Nothing interesting in it. I only watched it cause my sister wanted me to watch it with her. Movie seemed so sloppy. Like when it ending I'm like what kind of an ending is that.
½ November 28, 2007
The acting is surprisingly decent, and Kristina Anapau's definite eye-candy. They probably should have gone easy on the amount of "plot twists" toward the middle/end, but I actually didn't mind this film in and of itself. That's probably due in large part to the fact that every character turns out to be a complete asshole. That, and I was eating a tasty quesadilla at the time.
August 13, 2007
Was a good movie to watch to keep myself from boredom...wasn't that bad...but the first one was definitely better.
August 22, 2007
hmmmmm, interesting. Hot girls, thats all
January 15, 2008