Curly Top - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Curly Top Reviews

June 2, 2008
I watched this a bunch of times as a kid. Shirley Temple is pretty adorable as a spunky orphan.
½ November 17, 2007
Not my favorite, but definately enjoyable.
July 31, 2010
Shirley Temple really is America's sweetheart! This movie's a classic tale about an orphan wanting to be different. WIth such catchy songs as "Animal Crackers In My Soup",and "When I Grow Up",it's no wonder everyone sings along! With her classic sweetheart humor and catchphrase,this movie will have YOU saying, "Oh my goodness!"
February 28, 2010
Despite the many naysayers, this remains my favorite Shirley Temple film. A sweet simple romance that boasts some of Shirley's best songs including "Animal Crackers in My Soup" and "When I Grow Up." Shirley's exuberance, spunk, and sweetness is as natural as her boundless talent.

In addition, Boles and Hudson possess undeniable chemiistry. This movie flows fluidly from song to song and scene to scene. While I enjoy conflict/angst in dramatic films every now and then, it is refreshing to embrace cheerfulness.

Based on one of my favorite novels (Jean Webster's beloved classic) Daddy Long Legs, this cinematic gem remains true to the heart of Webster's novel, although it is an obvious vehicle for Shirley.

The only negative part of this film is that it didn't last nearly long enough. I do wish the romance entailed more "chase." Of course, that is just my "romantic" heart.

I would highly recommend this film to everyone! It will put a smile in your face and leave a song in your heart. You'll be humming the tunes for weeks!

Curly Top is an unforgettable, addictive viewing experience with a superb moral message and heartfelt romance!

I love everything about it!
May 5, 2009
When I was a little kid I would sleep over my grandma's house and we would always watch SHirley Temple movies together. Watching these movies brings me back to that time.
½ November 15, 2008
Can a movie be enjoyable without a main conflict? Somewhat. This depression-era fantasy piece is super cute.
March 24, 2008
Curly Top was a fun movie to watch. Bought a DVD and watched it for 3x already and still want to watch again. I highly recommend this especially for kids because it does have a good moral value to learn. Thumbs up!
March 15, 2005
ONE OF SHIRLEY TEMPLE'S MOST WELL KNOWN ROLES, VERY TYPICAL OF HER FORMULA IN MOVIES. IT'S CUTE OF COURSE, AS IS SHE. ENTERTAINING BUT TOO PREDICTABLE.
½ September 22, 2015
Curly Top is a decent film. It is about Edward Morgan who becomes charmed with a curly-haired orphan and her pretty older sister. John Boles and Shirley Temple give good performances. The screenplay is slow in places but still entertaining. Irving Cummings did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the music and romance.
½ January 19, 2015
So heartwarming with the cute little Shirley and her animal crackers. :)
½ March 2, 2014
ok shirley temple vehicle
June 26, 2013
Classic Shirley Temple.
October 15, 2012
It's Shirley Temple, so it is what it is.
October 2, 2012
½ July 4, 2012
love shirley movies ... own them all
½ September 5, 2010
love shirley movies ... own them all
February 28, 2010

I love everything about it!
June 24, 2010
A cute Shirley Temple film.