D2: The Mighty Ducks Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ November 26, 2011
Decent follow-up to The Mighty Ducks, D2 is a decent film that is entertaining but lacks something that made the first one such a memorable family sports film. D2 is less memorable, but is still somewhat entertaining. The cast here are decent and they do what they can to keep the film entertaining. D2 is not a perfect film, and leaves a lot to be desired. However the film is good for a sequel, but it could have been done better. I enjoyed the film; however it's not as fun as the first film. Overall I found the film to be mildly entertaining with decent performances and a decent story. The film never really is anything memorable or great, but for what it is, it manages to be quite entertaining. Originally seeing this when it first came out, I thought it was terrific, but with age you start to notice that films like this aren't that phenomenal, just mildly entertaining. For a sequel, D2 is much better than the third film and is fun to watch, but is never great. Despite the fact that the film has a few restraints with a so-so script, D2 is a good little film to watch as a family. I enjoyed the film, but preferred the first film overall, and like with every series, I thought that the sequel wasn't as solid as the first. D2 is entertaining, but it could have been a lot better, at least it's not as bad the third film, which was a train wreck of a film. For a sequel, this one is entertaining and despite its flaws, it's a lot of fun to watch with your family.
MANUGINO
March 3, 2009
Saw it again!!! My favorite of the 3 films. God I love this movie, never get tired of it, I love them all. One of the best sports inspirational movies of all time for me.

After hurting his knee in an accident in the minor leagues, Gordon Bombay returns home. Jan has been promoting him as a good coach, and now, he has become the coach of Team USA. The Ducks are gathered again and joined by five new players- Dean Portman (a big enforcer), Ken Wu (an ex-figure skater), Julie Gaffney (a REALLY good goalie), Luis Mendoza (a "speedster"), and Dwyane Robertson (a cowboy, good puck handler). They are up against the world- including the big boys from Iceland. Can they win against the world?
MeetMeinMontauk
August 16, 2010
I remember LOVING this movie when I was a kid. Liked all the new additions, but I'm going to have to rewatch and rejudge.
cosmo313
June 9, 2006
The original was no masterpiece, but it is slightly better than this.

As a kid, I thought this stuff was great. Even then I didn't mind that things were predictable and formulaic; I just sat back and enjoyed myself. I can still do that when I watch this today, but I now see that these movies are a lot more flawed than I first realized.

Just turn your brain off and don't expect much, and you'll be fine. You don't have to be a sports nut to enkoy this, but it may help. It you expect all child actors to be Dakota Fanning or Haley Joel Osment, then avoid this, cuz you'll be disappointed.
½ May 5, 2010
About as good as the first, this time around the kid actors have a lot more screentime and thankfully have grown as actors. I really like what they did with everything, not making it into a rehash of the first. The plot stands alone and in many ways brings the drama more into perspective. It was a lot less wacky, but still knew when to make you laugh and have a good time.
ScoopOnline
December 9, 2009
I love all parts of this Movie. It is just because of my passion for Eis Hockey.
June 8, 2008
D2: The Mighty Ducks is a classic Diseny film. A sequal that done itself right by pulling off the same story twice with some different bends to go around. We keep up with the orginal cast and meet some new ducks. It's a great sequal that kept the legend alive.
Chiefilms
½ March 1, 2008
Gordon Bombay is a machine at the olympics.
deano
July 8, 2007
I'm a fan of The Mighty Ducks and this film is more funniest and actions with the original kids' ice-hockey team joining in the Junior Goodwill Games.
June 25, 2007
Good kids movie.
June 5, 2007
still good but not as the first one, good plot and good performance by Emilio Estevez
½ May 20, 2007
I know I saw it but I dont remember. However, since its about hockey I know it has to be great.
puffchunk
May 6, 2007
wasn't david hasslehoff in this as an evil coach?
½ December 27, 2006
Good times.
May 30, 2006
Knuckle Puck!
March 13, 2006
Now lets go shake their hands! A joyous movie that rivals Ben Hur in homoerotocism.
½ May 25, 2011
It had its memorable moments, but not quite as enjoyable as the first film. And the plot is just a ripoff of the Miracle story through a bunch of kids.
½ June 11, 2007
Super funny.
April 13, 2007
Classic!
weelee18
October 3, 2007
The Mighty Ducks Are Back.
.....
Gordon Bombay is forced to withdraw from the minor hockey league with a knee injury. Much to his surprise, he is given the job of coach of Team USA Hockey for the Junior Goodwill Games in California. With most of the Ducks and a few new players in tow, he sets forth for LA. All appears to be going well for a while, but the hype of Hollywood starts to get to Gordon, and he is distracted when Iceland, the favourites to win the title, appear on the scene.
.....