Daddy Day Camp Reviews

DreamExtractor
½ February 28, 2011
Horrible film, its just plain crap.
½ June 27, 2010
Daddy Day Camp is a cinematic achievement, worthy to be mentioned along side other great children‚??s films such as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Wizard of Oz, and Toy Story. It is a sincere, magical tale that all generations can enjoy. By now I hope you realize that I‚??m full of shit. Daddy Day Camp is the cinematic equivalent of horse manure. Wait a minute- I can‚??t even say that because at least with horse crap you can grow something useful. The only thing that Daddy Day Camp grows is a reputation of being one of the worst films ever made.

The film is a sequel to 2005‚??s Daddy Day Care, which wasn‚??t a very good movie itself, and has the distinction of having absolutely no one from the original film in its cast (the fact that I‚??ve said that means that someone will correct me. I‚??m going to be honest, I didn‚??t waste the time checking because what‚??s the point). This time around Charlie (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) and Phil (Paul Rae) end up running a day camp due to Charlie‚??s childhood nightmare of blowing a triathlon at Camp Driftwood thirty years earlier. From here it goes into a crappy version of Meatballs/Bad News Bears as the campers compete against the rival Camp Canola. Farting and belching ensues.

We could address the problems with Daddy Day Camp one by one, but I have to eat sometime and, let‚??s be honest, most of you out there know that this movie sucks. I knew it sucked, but I had a 2 for 1 rental and my son wanted to see it because of the first one. He liked it, but a good fart joke is like Richard Pryor to him, too. I‚??ve gone over the story, which is pretty much every other underdog camp story known to man. Only this time it‚??s executed very poorly. It‚??s cringe worthy. The acting also fails on all levels. I‚??m not going to blame the kids because they‚??re kids, but let‚??s look at the guy that won an Oscar. The idea that Cuba Gooding, Jr. won an Academy Award leaves a little bit of green on poor old Oskie‚??s head. He‚??s the Pat Quinn of the Academy, being in the right place at the right time. I know I can say the same thing about Marisa Tomei, but at least she had a good turn in The Wrestler and not because she was topless. The tell tale sign was when Eddie Murphy didn‚??t do this movie. When Eddie Murphy won‚??t even be in your movie then you know it‚??s going to be garbage. Eddie and bad movies is like Mikey and Life cereal- he just can‚??t get enough. Enter Cuba.

Kids will like Daddy Day Camp. So save it for a long car ride and give them some head phones. Let the 90 minutes of joy engulf them as they watch. Ten years from now they‚??ll see it on cable, watch five minutes and realize ‚??This movie sucks, let‚??s watch Night Patrol‚??. You know it‚??s coming‚?¶
MANUGINO
December 12, 2009
Pretty funny and hilarious, A very decent movie to watch and get a few laugh!!!

Directed by one-time child star Fred Savage, Daddy Day Camp, the sequel to Eddie Murphy's Daddy Day Care, stars Cuba Gooding Jr. and Paul Rae as Charlie Hinton and Phil Ryerson, a pair of fathers who attempt to keep their summer camp afloat even though they are under dire economic strain. In order to help improve the financial situation, and to whip together a group of children who have a problem with following orders, Hinton brings in his military trained father (Richard Gant), even though he and his father have been on the outs. Soon the campers, and the fathers, are involved in a series of adventures that will make the camp solvent, and help mend broken relationships
TomBowler
September 7, 2009
i really dislike this movie. its eddie murphy attempting to make more money
August 10, 2007
Laughable but not as good as the first.
August 11, 2007
Daddy Day Camp, a too-late, too-lame sequel to Eddie Murphy's family comedy, Daddy Day Care.
½ December 2, 2011
Horrible film, its just plain crap.
½ August 8, 2007
Everything you never wanted another helping of.
November 12, 2011
iLeo
December 25, 2007
Hilarious!
August 11, 2007
Not one to see in theaters...wait for the DVD!
August 22, 2013
It was a very bad family comedy. It had very bad acting, great cinematography, not too good comedy, not too good music, and a bad storyline. It is the worst family comedy I've ever seen. I like the first one with Eddie Murphy better than this one. Both kids and adults should stay away from this movie.
½ September 21, 2010
i actually tried watchin this movie, and it just literally hurt my eyes now i can c y this movie got a 1% on rott. tom.
½ September 19, 2011
Whoa, whoa, whoa, there. These kids need a huge time-out from this huge rip-off of DADDY DAY CARE, which wasn't a good movie in the first place. Yep, that's right, I said it: "rip-off", not "sequel". Eddie Murphy, whose comedies are usually stupid, was too smart for this (ummmmmm) "comedy" (?), so they replaced him haphazardly with Cuba Gooding, Jr.--another pretty bad actor. And really, all the jokes are unoriginal: they're just taken from DADDY DAY CARE. And really, they're not even funny. Go waste your time with this one, a movie that was too bad to be released for even a "special viewing" in a run-down shack of a theater; and instead put as a direct-to-video release. I don't care. Have fun watching--actually, you won't. I'm 110% sure. And I'm 75% sure you'll be so grossed-out that you'll vomit in your popcorn.
½ August 22, 2009
ummm should have stopped at the last one. cuba gooding jr should stay away from comedies. hes not really good at them
December 16, 2008
it's funny, but not as good as daddy daycare. I like Cuba Gooding Jr. so that's really why I watched it.
October 18, 2008
Pretty good movie. It was really fun to watch and very entertaining. It's a great movie for little kids to watch. I enjoyed it. The ending was predictable but its a kid movie so what did I expect.
August 22, 2008
This was a funny one. My mom runs a daycare here at the house, so I can definitely relate to some of this, as well as the first film.
½ August 10, 2007
This movie would have been better if they would have used the original cast from daddy day care. They didn't even have the day care in the new location as the other instead it was back at the house. Don't get me wrong Cuba Gooding is a great actor, but Eddie Murphy is a 100 times funnier.