Damnation Alley Reviews

July 15, 2007
A hightly imaginative and trippy trip through a post-apocalyptic wasteland with Jan-Michael Vincent and George Peppard. I liked the experience. Those man-eating cockroaches were freaky however. It kind of loses track of the voyage near the ending.
October 10, 2014
Another of the countless 70's disaster movies. Cheesy, but fun.
January 27, 2008
Whatever it has laughably bad effects, that include giant scorpions that are the worst superimposition job I've ever seen. It's got a couple cool part, with flesh eating bugs and a group of dudes gone crazy in the aftermath and are hostile to the crew, but above all it doesn't really have anything that other films haven't done better.
It did entertain me.
½ February 24, 2013
Got to love the true, breakout star of the movie, the LANDMASTER!!! And the story was decent and intriging.The movie does show it's age, but it holds the cult movie title proudly.
May 13, 2012
February 24, 2012
Low-grade Visual Effects hamper this sci-fi adventure. But, the cast does try, and so does film composer Jerry Goldsmith.
January 3, 2012
Gave the Blu of this a look when it was released as part of the Shout! Factory collection of Roger Corman films and was stunned to realize that I had never seen it before. I have no idea what film I was confusing this with from my youth, but I had somehow thought this was a cop drama, not a post apocalyptic tale involving giant armored RV type vehicles.

It's a fun watch and I particularly enjoy the on again off again indications of how fucked things are, as the weird colors in the sky come and go somewhat conveniently when they are involved in other things.

Give it a rental.
June 2, 2007
Interesting story w/ horrendous VFX considering Star Wars came out around the same time. But that car was cool as hell
½ May 9, 2007
another sci-fi blast from the past... saw this when released at a drive-in when i was around 9 years old and loved it. seen again recently.
½ April 26, 2015
Usually you can tell whether a film is going to be good or bad from your first impression of how it looks, and in the case of this film, I could tell right away that it was going to be a really bad film. The first sign of this was the way it opened. It was very brief and hurried along, and while the story isn't technically bad, it could have been far better. The whole film felt like it was rushed beyond belief, and that especially goes for its special effects. The film itself looks like a made-for-TV production, but it goes beyond that low with nonsensical killer cockroaches, and giant scorpions that are actually normal scorpions filmed up close and superimposed into the film. I've seen a lot of films with lazily bad special effects, but this is one of the worst examples I've ever seen. The characters are all mindless stock characters with dry performances, and their performances seem to convey the sensation that the actors were really unenthusiastic about the script. The only thing about this movie that was fairly decent was the soundtrack, but it doesn't really matter in the end. If you know right away that this is going to be a bad movie, then there's not a lot of hope for this film. Although, the fact that I expected the film to be this badly made is the only reason why I don't completely hate the film. In fact, I can't help but think that this is exactly what I expected.
April 26, 2015
A cheesy, distaster B-movie of the 1970s, full of giant insects and thin characters.
April 26, 2015
This movie was just plain garbage. Everything about it was thoroughly weak and unimpressive, and it feels horribly outdated for its time. And you know what? That's all I can say other than you can tell from the very start that it would suck.
½ April 14, 2014
Mediocre 70s disaster sci-fi. The Landmaster is cool though.
½ April 4, 2014
A pretty standard post apocalyptic survival movie. A must see for the genre fans! After watching this flick I know now a lot of stuff was inspired from this movie. Giant Scorpions!
October 24, 2012
Fun and surprisingly memorable.
February 24, 2012
A film I remember from childhood. Watching it now it was just plain silly. The killer cockroaches scene gave me nightmares for years. What a turkey.
November 13, 2011
i was 13 years old when i talked my dad into letting me and my little brother see this movie without supervision. it was it was gross! it was loud! it was awesome!
½ May 30, 2008
DAMNATION ALLEY (1977)
October 23, 2010
** out of 4 stars

This film looks cheap and is quite boring and unimaginative. However, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's just a pointless production.