Date with an Angel Reviews

½ November 8, 2008
Interesting take on angels, I watched the whole thing and wasn't bored, so it was okay.
iLeo
November 9, 2007
A hilarious film!
August 5, 2013
I on';t care what anyone says, this movie is enchanting, funny and wonderfully entertaining. The casting of Emmanuelle Beart as the angel in this film is one of the best cases of an actor cast in the right role ever! Very charming and fun.
½ July 15, 2007
even beart and cates could not save this feathery 80's slapstick flick. the soft focus and backlit hair was a blast from the past though. the entire contents of this movie could've (& should've) been summarized as a 4 minute music video, and that includes the soft focus slow panning sequences :-)
December 31, 2008
Silly little 80's flick,but pretty good.

Really "cutesie" and I'm definatly not into angels,but i loved it.^_^

Very cute.
May 20, 2007
a beautiful angel w/h a damaged wing is rescued by Michael knight and ends up falling in love with him
March 10, 2007
this is a really sweet special moive i have to buy it i loved it, a movie that will stay with your heart.
½ April 28, 2014
Not very good, even for the 80s. The angel in question is really beautiful and the only reason for guys to watch this flick.
September 4, 2013
This is one of those 80s comedies that are bad and cheesy plot wise but are quirky enough to love, especially if you were an 80s child. Terrible special effects although they did do a great job with the wings and lighting to make the angel appear to glow. I love the French fry bit and Emmanuelle plays her character perfectly.
½ January 21, 2013
For a great deal of its running time, I cut "Date With an Angel" a lot of slack. It wasn't so much a bad movie as a misguided and bland one, but the longer it spins its wheels without going anywhere, the angrier and less tolerant I became.

It closely mirrors another romantic fantasy "Splash", but the emphasis here is more on comedic slapstick than on the romance. People falling down and bumping into things is what passes for comedy, but the love story is even less convincing. Emmanuelle Baert is stunning, but considering she doesn't say a word until the last scene, her beauty is apparently the only thing that draws Michael E. Knight to her. That's not enough to build a credible relationship on, but the storyline might have worked had it been fleshed out more.

Instead, the film spends way too much time on the assorted cast of mostly annoying supporting characters. Everyone in the film is a stereotype, from Phoebe Cates' shrill girlfriend to Knight himself, the misunderstood fiance who doesn't fit her father's mold, You have to wonder why Cates' father, played by David Dukes, is made out to be such a bad guy for wanting Baert to appear in his company's advertising when Knight's three friends are just as interested in exploiting her.

Tom McLoughlin's script plays it safe by refusing to be anything but conventional. When you have an angel on Earth romancing a mortal, it would seem the sky would be the limit on that film's potential. But "Date With an Angel" is about as ordinary as movies get. It's not interested in being challenging or different, instead, it's content to be a Saturday night date movie for easily pleased moviegoers.
October 8, 2012
I saw this movie maybe twice. I loved it. It was a very cute and family movie. Pheobe Cates pulled off the spoiled rotten type very good. The part of the angel was verey good.
May 11, 2011
Cute movie...laughed hard
November 22, 2010
Remember this movie???
½ December 19, 2009
Very cool movie. You will like this one unless you are an EMO who hates the 'feel good' movies.