Dawn Anna - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dawn Anna Reviews

August 19, 2012
Very moving biodrama. Debra Winger was wonderful. Some of the supporting acting was a little raw. Plenty of moments that choked me up. The ending was a complete surprise for me. I had no idea. I could barely hold it together.....
deano
August 20, 2009
Debra Winger's awesome as a real-life title role who overcomes many of life's obstacles. I enjoyed viewing this drama film and the great unity of a family with their mother and each other. There was very joyous scenes and also very bitter and heart breaking ones. I was surprised the family used only one ASL sign language saying - "I love you'. So sweet!
August 21, 2012
Heart wrenching. It always hits you that much harder knowing it's a true story.
October 19, 2013
Saw this film today. A truly moving and tragic story .
August 19, 2012
August 21, 2012
Heart wrenching. It always hits you that much harder knowing it's a true story.
½ June 30, 2011
Debra Winger came out of Retirement for this Role she couldn't pass up.
½ June 23, 2010
walaupun mempunyai alur yang sangat lambat sehingga cenderung bosan untuk menontonnya,,.. akan tetapi jika film ini berusaha untuk anda nikmati maka makna dari film akan tersampaikan dengan baik,,suasana nyaman dan tenang pun saya dapatkan setelah menonton film ini...
April 29, 2010
A bit confusing at points.
½ March 19, 2010
one of my favorites ever ... what a great story ... poweful movie
½ December 22, 2009
So Sad. I cried so hard in the end. Good movie.
December 13, 2009
it was a really sad movie and had a great storyline, i have watched it many times and it has even been my fav movie for a while. its so so so very sad and it makes me cry :( haha. awesome movie and i love it !!
deano
August 20, 2009
July 18, 2009
One of the best & sweetest movies I've seen in quite a while
July 14, 2009
The most heartfelt movie ever made...its always going to be a "wonderful film".
May 27, 2009
Debra Winger is one of my all-time favorite actresses ... this true story tells the tale of math teacher Dawn Anna who underwent so many difficulties in the 1990s ... it is definitely a tear-jerker ... I recommend this one to anyone in the education world. Favorite scene: the dinner table scene where Dawn puts Shane in his place after he makes rude remarks regarding the telephone being cut off (lack of payment) since he can't "reach out and touch" his girlfriend ... and yes "O Mighty Queen" works just fine!
½ March 29, 2009
Really touching movie T_T
August 19, 2008
I love this movie and have it in my heart. It's a very tragic drama film about a family that is torn apart by the lack of a father and the difficulties they have to overcome in the process. It is also based on true events- the life of Dawn Anna- a mother of four and a high school teacher whose life changed after her 18-year-old daughter, Lauren Townsend, became one of the 12 random murder victims of the Columbine massacre in 1999.

It's a tremendous blow of honesty and pain, filled with the tragedy that only a few films successfully capture and deliver. Wonderful and stunning, a true heart-breaker.
½ January 23, 2009
Get your tissues ready. This movie is based on a true story of a mother of 4 who battles brain cancer. After a long recovery she faces tragedy yet again with the loss of her youngest daughter in the Columbine shooting. Emotionally grabs you from the start. Wonderful movie that shows how family means everything.
January 22, 2009
This movie is sooo sad. It's a true story too which is worse.