A Day Without a Mexican Reviews

March 1, 2007
I know I've seen this movie but it was pretty forgettable.
March 13, 2006
Like a Saturday Night Live skit that plays for 2 hours. I'm glad that Sergio Arau shows how if Mexicans were to dissapear all the low level jobs would have to be done by white people. Thatnks for setting back any progress Mexican Americans have made with your unfunny movie.
Harlequin68
½ September 10, 2005
[font=Century Gothic]"A Day without a Mexican" is a film about a mysterious fog enveloping the state of California. Then, the entire Hispanic population disappears without a trace. Needless to say, this causes quite the disruption on the personal, economic and cultural levels. Even the border patrol agents are hurt.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"A Day without a Mexican" is not bad and well-intentioned with some good points on identity and racism. It raises the question about whether or not somebody can truly be illegal. But pedestrian writing and amateurish acting pretty much lower the whole enterprise to the level of a public service announcement. [/font]
December 24, 2008
Starts out funny, and then just stays rather boring...
½ June 29, 2008
This movie is really cheesy and looked like something from 1984 rather than 2004 but it does start a good conversation about immigration and makes you think!
June 18, 2006
This movie was disappoiting. It had a low production value and all the characters were just gross characterizations. The acting was not all that good. They could have done more with the movie, but instead they went for the cheesy.
½ January 4, 2010
I don't know when it gets funny, but not during any part I was watching. I would hardly call this movie social commentary. Yes, hispanics play a bigger role in society then people may give credit to, but this movie, with all the stereotypical humor, probably just set hispanics back a decade.
½ June 30, 2009
All premise. Looks like it was shot with a camera phone. An unbalanced attempt to drill into the viewer's head how important Mexicans are to our very survival. I can't imagine a day without Salma.
December 24, 2008
This movie tries really hard to be funny, but I just didn't find it enjoyable. Some chuckles here and there, but overall, a dud.
July 9, 2008
This movie is true!!! What if there wasnt any MEXICANOS?? Who would do the jobs for cheap?? Think about it!!
½ July 2, 2008
Had so much potential. They did a horrible job with a funny concept. I think I could've made a better movie with the same story line. If you can...skip this one.
½ July 21, 2007
Totally stupid... hold my hand and beat me over the head with the fact that our economy would suffer without mexicans... now throw in some crappy acting and horrible directing and I'll watch it because I'm stupid.
June 9, 2007
This movie shows how the U.S.A would be if all the MEXICANS would not be part of this land. So i recamond u c it.
½ May 6, 2007
The movie was somewhat strange but it sent a good mesage. It showed that everyone in society mattered, not just the wealthy white men. Proving that you can't live without the people you tend to look down on .
April 16, 2007
I like the kid when he is crying because they are taking the tv away and he wont be able to watch the Telemundo anymore. lol
½ April 2, 2007
nice indicator of how California would end up without it's Hispanic (i.e. Mexican) population;; funny;;
July 31, 2012
Good idea, terrible movie. A great premise that ends up being completely wasted.
½ October 28, 2012
Excelente, muestra realmente como son los gringos: ignorantes e inĂștiles.
August 29, 2012
Barata en todos los sentidos.
½ July 20, 2011
good movie shows how us mexicans do everything and when were gone what are you going to do?