Dead Letter Office - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Letter Office Reviews

½ January 31, 2008
Thanks to the tangy, intelligent direction of John Ruane and fine lead performances from Miranda Otto and U.S. import George DelHoyo, the result is moderately successful.
½ August 28, 2012
Dead Letter Office is a mediocre drama movie, about a mid 20's early 30's woman who's stuck in the past.
Miranda Otto stars as the disillusioned and overly curious Alice, who's mission isn't to find just any ordinary job but 1 that can further her investigation into a mysterious past. And hopefully come afloat to some peace in her own insecurity's and the lack of will to love others because she was abandon at such a tender age.
September 11, 2008
Poignant, understated drama about a woman's search for her father, for meaning in her life. Illuminates the human cost of impersonal decisions. George DelHoyo is excellent as Alice's wounded boss, Frank. We could all learn a lesson or two...
July 29, 2008
Nice little film on self identity and how naive good intentions do not always result in happy outcomes.

Very touching that Miranda's real father plays her father in the film.
½ January 31, 2008
January 10, 2008
beautiful & quirky independent film, & wonderful performances
½ December 27, 2007
I like Miranda Otto - and this I believe is my favorite of her performances. This Aussie film is about searching and longing for futile things - a home perhaps we cannot have and in our maturity finding the home that IS or can be - and not spending our life mourning what we no longer or cannot have. Sentimental perhaps and a might too slow in the telling - but overall I enjoyed.
½ November 19, 2007
We had to study this movie in Year 12 English and as something school was making us watch (and something Australian) I was quite prepared to hate it. I was surprised when it turned out to be something I enjoyed. As someone who loves post offices and letters I am fascinated by people who send "Special Cases".

Just remember "it is so reckless... to break the rules."