Death to Smoochy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death to Smoochy Reviews

March 19, 2012
I loved the black comedy and how so many awful things happen with the involve of a children TV show. But Death to Smoochy have a bad script, what don't helĀ“p the movie. Rotten.
MANUGINO
February 5, 2010
He's Big, He's Blue, He's Smoochy... and He's got to DIE!

Good fun movie. It's entertaining and the story was smart and witty with lots of oddballs thrown around. Nice cast to go along with Williams and Norton who were very funny.

Fired in disgrace, kids show host Randolph Smiley finds himself out on the street, while his replacement Sheldon Mopes, finds himself on the fast track to success with a new hit show as the proud purple rhino Smoochy. But things take a turn for the worst when Sheldon finds out that some of the people that he works with, and some he doesn't know he's working for, are all in it for the money. Meanwhile, Randolph is slowly turning insane with his only thoughts focusing on killing Smoochy and getting back to his life of luxury.
FiLmCrAzY
September 29, 2007
Ohh what a terrible movie.
the whole concept is absolutely ludicrus and boring.
I found Edward Norton extremly annoying in this movie that i couldnt finish this movie without getting absolutely irritated by this movie.
blkbomb
½ May 15, 2011
Death to Smoochy is one of the weirdest movies I have seen. I really enjoyed aspects of it and really hated others. Edward Norton was spot on, as usual, in the role of Smoochy; but the Robin Williams/Rainbow Randolph aspect was horrible. The movie was all over the place and in the end was just not as good as it could or should have been.
½ March 14, 2011
A dark comedy with a rather odd story. Norton and Williams acting and funny roles are the main support that holds up this film from a boring crumble.
July 10, 2008
Review pending.
FilmFanatik
November 20, 2007
A truly lost gem. Genius work from both Robin Williams and Ed Norton. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
September 3, 2007
I really loved this dark comedy! "My step dad's not mean he's just adjusting!"
July 10, 2007
This movie has a wild combination of elements make an enjoyable black comedy. A tired kids' show host, Rainbow Randolph (Robin Williams), plans death to the new Purple Rhino named TV host named "Smoochy" (Edward Norton). The mob get involved, and it's literally a hit. I like all the songs and skits; a lot of funny stuff goes on behind the scenes of the Kids' show. The ice show spectacular at the end is superb.
February 1, 2007
Funny as all get out. These two actors came into the fight with their best and it shows. I recommend this one for the weird people.
puffchunk
January 26, 2007
Really funny stuff, puts a whole new light on the kiddy film buisness.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
funny but a little stupid
May 30, 2006
You have a good cast and DeVito directing, who knows how to make a good dark comedy, and a premise surrounding the seedy underworld of children's television programming, but instead, everything just does not work with few laughs and a failed chance at good satire.
½ October 25, 2006
Dark and fun.
September 19, 2006
Words fail me to describe this, although "Wacky" comes to mind. I love the way they portray the people to get children's programming on the air as cynicism incarnate, and the way the cuddliest characters snap. Oh man, and the Irish mafia. This movie was a scream.
Cameron W. Johnson
½ March 14, 2011
Rushing and other flaws are matched by an entertaining premise, fair performances, decent dialogue and some good humor. Ultimately, "Death To Smoochy" is a fun little time-killer, but not much more than that.
½ April 20, 2007
I liked this one a heck of a lot more than everyone else in the world, but it's still only 3 and a half.
FanGirl
March 26, 2007
A film about a kiddy show that is decidely NOT a kiddy movie.
September 20, 2006
So-so story, GREAT quotes.
"Bastard Son of Barney! Die! Die, stuffed ball of fluff! Illegitimate Teletubbie! Die, you Muppet from hell! Die, you foam motherfucker!"
"When my brothers and I played cowboys and Indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker."
A material IMO.
July 10, 2006
wow freaky... very satirical, very scary (in a kids morning progamming kinda way)... Robin williams plays a great insane person... it got better by the end... but it was kinda hard to get into it...