Deep in My Heart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deep in My Heart Reviews

jjnxn
July 6, 2013
Great music with some terrifically staged and performed numbers but has several heavy doses of schmaltz thrown in, particularly towards the ending.
½ May 29, 2010
Tedious plotline but great musical numbers with an assortment of MGM's musical stars of the mid-1950s. Ann Miller's "It" is a highlight as is the torridly erotic "Desert Song" number with Cyd Charisse and James Mitchell. Skip the plot and go for the numbers on the DVD!
½ April 4, 2015
I finally get Anna Russell's joke about Josà (C) Ferrer.
½ March 8, 2014
Forced and contrived, but still it was a relatively upbeat and lively musical where you are thrown from situation to song and back. Fantastic score, but I assume it all came from his great works. I had never heard of Romberg, so it was a informative yet drastically melodramatic; a typical musical with a weak plot. The dubbing was painfully distracting at times. Good thing it was rated R on Flixster.
jjnxn
July 6, 2013
½ May 29, 2010
June 30, 2008
Surprising entertaining despite its somewhat stilted story.
½ May 27, 2008
This was a lot of fun. Life story of the composer means lots of singing and dancing set pieces. Gene Kelly does a great one with his brother.
April 18, 2008
This musical was a complete train wreck. Unlikeable characters, boring singing, awful, almost CREEPY dancing (tragic waste of Gene and Fred Kelly as well as Cyd Charisse). And I've never heard of this composer before-- now I know why- his music is bad!
December 15, 2007
The Ann Miller number 'It!' and Gene and Fred Kelly's number 'I love to go swimmin' with women' are excellent!!!! A must see!!
November 5, 2007
I watched this movie out of the corner of my eye, and from an intuitive sense, I think it's outstanding! But I'm going to watch it again to confirm.