Deep In The Woods (Promenons-nous dans les bois) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deep In The Woods (Promenons-nous dans les bois) Reviews

June 26, 2009
A solidly creepy, well-directed, and original French slasher film that features loads of creepy images, stylish and atmosopheric direction, red herrings and false twists, and plenty of realistic death and gore. Erotically charged and at times surrealistic, Delplanque helped to define the new era of French horror that has since given birth to Alexander Aja, Pascal Laugier, etc. While Deep in the Woods is not as good as High Tension or Martyrs, it is a solidly original horror film that will not disappoint fans of France's new wave of horror.
½ June 8, 2011
Slasher Flick fixé à un château isolé en France avec l'intrigue d'habitude, mais certains thèmes lesbiennes. Bon pour les quelques rires.
September 14, 2010
French slasher-in-the-woods opus based on "Little Red Riding Hood." Slow, ornate, moody, nonsensical, salacious, tres Euro. so, yeah, legitimately Argento-esque. Promising debut for its young, talented director.
September 14, 2010
I think this is my first french horror flick. I really enjoyed it. I saw the main guy in a short "Falcone" which was pretty damn good and decided to check this out. I liked it.
½ August 15, 2010
May 8, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

Small thumbs up. This film worked for me up until the end, where I felt that it just fell apart. Still, it has some good moments and a story that kept me going.
½ December 21, 2009
**1/2 (out of four)

Semi-successful French horror film about a group of college age actors who gather at a remote cottage to practice for "Little Red Riding Hood". But, the quickly realize that there is something lurking in the woods, hunting them.

Not bad, given the familiar set up. How many sexy college age kids in the woods have to die in the horror films? Oh well. It does have some creepiness and offers some chills.
October 22, 2007
Very uninvolving and cold French horror thriller. The setting of the film is good, but the filmmakers don't make enough of it. Slow moving. Bland. It did have some good camerawork.
December 19, 2014
S'inspirer du giallo et des slashers écrits par Kevin Williamson, c'est une belle chose et c'est très honorable. Mais si c'est pour en faire Promenons-nous dans les bois, mieux vaut revenir aux bases du cinéma, avec des plans corrects, une direction d'acteurs un tant soi peu travaillée (voire caster de bons acteurs dans ce cas-là) et surtout un scénario qui répond à une logique, aussi biscornue soit-elle. En l'état, le film de Lionel Delplanque est quasiment insupportable, tant les dialogues sonnent faux, le suspense y est absent et le sentiment de terreur totalement absent. Un vrai navet.
June 26, 2009
½ June 8, 2011
April 5, 2012
one of the last horror films i saw before i became hooked. that said, i was a big time scardey cat when i saw this. it really creeped me out. now it probly wouldnt. but i was actually scared. i was haunted for weeks. i couldnt close my eyes & not picture that wolf costume. i havent seen it in like 3 years. but i remember it being suspenseful, creepy, having a sort of dread to it, slightly slow but it worked well. if i remember correctly the killer's identity isnt that surprising & i didnt really quite understand his motive either. good to watch when in need of some entertainment.
June 25, 2011
½ September 14, 2010
A teen horror/ thriller made in France. Sorta freaky, but kinda odd as well. Unlike Hollywood, French just don't give a damn 'bout all those irrationals, abruptness & disconnections on both narrative & editing.
zembie
½ September 14, 2010
Trust the french to make an artsy teen slasher. Not very well executed and therefor neither interesting nor frightning.
½ August 15, 2010