Desert Saints Reviews

deano
½ May 15, 2007
Kiefer Sutherland, the good guy of TV's 24, goes bad in this dusty thriller in which he plays university-educated professional assassin Arthur Banks working his way towards one last hit, employing a help-me-or-I'll-shoot-you kind of charm. His modus operandi involves picking up a woman and forcing her into the accomplice position, but like Jack Bauer in 24, I'm meant to like for him, ignoring his blooded occupation, his lack of conversation and a disinclination to reveal his pearly whites.
½ June 29, 2011
I watched this simply because I'm a fan of Kiefer Sutherland, especially in his bad ass roles. While for fans of his the film offers some cool moments, it fails overall. The biggest problem is the lead actress, Melora Walters, who is horrendous. Think of the female version of Mark Wahlberg in The Happening. It's that bad. The plot was also largely nonsensical, with very poorly written dialogue that only Sutherland was able to deliver with any believability. The police also have a bad habit of showing up randomly despite having no apparent actionable intelligence, they just know things.
July 8, 2007
Wow, this is a fantastic Kiefer Sutherland Film! This Man is one of the Best Actors ever, if not the Best!
May 24, 2007
we know kiefer sutherland is a dirty rotten scoundrel of a hit man, but you still want him to win in the end.
September 13, 2012
Sutherland does this character (on both sides of the law) so often he can do it in his sleep, but he does it so well it's always worth watching. Not his best, but a decent thriller with some good, but not completely unexpected, twists. Nice supporting cast as well and there is good chemistry between KS and the easy to look at Melora Walters.
½ June 29, 2011
April 26, 2008
Dissapointed... That's how you are going to feel about this movie. The plot was heading the right way, a hitman hiring young naive ladies to kill his targets and then he kills the lady and disposes the weapon. You think, cool. But then the screenplay ruins the plot by making the professional hitman fall in love with one of her latest victims... stupid. Too many unnecessary flashbacks in the movie, Melora Walters is awful in this movie (acting like an innocent school girl with the hitman Banks and like a tough serious woman as an FBI agent who is undercover) Both which are unbelievable because Walters is too old and too bland for this role to be cute and innocent and since she's not even a good actress she can't play the role of a serious FBI agent. This movie is awful. The only thing that can save this movie and makes it watchable is Kiefer Sutherland'
s performance which is always great. But of course that is not enough to block out the other actors/actresses's performances and the whole movie for that matter which make the film bleak.