Det Okšnda. (The Unknown) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Det Okšnda. (The Unknown) Reviews

½ July 4, 2008
yes it does has the formal similarity to Blair Witch project, but it is totally different. Here it's like the director doesn't want to get us spooked. there is a little bit more tension missing.
March 2, 2011
A genuinly creepy horror movie. Helps if you understand swedish
½ July 23, 2007
a very good swedish horror movie ^^
½ February 22, 2010
Fem biologer drar til Nord-Sverige for √• unders√łke effekten av en st√łrre skogbrann. Den kombinerte jobb og campingopplevelsen tar en dramatisk endring da de oppdager et merkelig dyr i skogbunnen. Plutselig er helvete l√łs og folk begynner √• oppf√łre seg mongo. Dette er inspirert av Blair Witch Project - med sine h√•ndholdte vinglete kameraer og generelle d√•rlige billedkvalitet. Klarer ikke helt √• bygge opp noe som ligner spenning f√łr det er for sent. Karakterene er bare passe interessante og all kokingen rundt i skogen blir slitsom og kjedelig i lengden. Filmens opprinnelige slutt er ogs√• d√•rlig - sjekk ekstramaterialet for en alternativ - og bedre - slutt. For lite uhygge ganske enkelt. Kun et par fine enkeltscener holder dette over vannet. Helhetsinntrykket er skuffende -og sm√•kjedelig.
February 11, 2010
A better version of Blair Witch
½ October 21, 2007
Let's see... "Blair Witch Project" bad-ripoff, "The Thing" bad-ripoff, add random movie I've never seen bad-ripoff...
This movie was boring, predictable and so stupid. Nothing makes sense or is ever explained.

***SPOILER WARNING***

The creators of this movie obviously have no clue what made the movies they ripped off good, you need a good story and a good explanation why it happens.
OK, I admit, they got the first part right, because there are so many things going on in this movie, but none of them has anything to do with the other, or they randomly happen for no reason what-so-ever.
- The ground is abnormally hot
- They find a dead pig/animal that has rot/boiled to death so they bring it back to camp. I still wonder WHY!
- Said animal, they decide to examine it (another f-ing why!!!???), some random black thing can be seen by them
- Animal dissappears, one of the women has it inside of her (???) or something. She complains about her stomache feeling funny, but it's never explained.
- Said woman runs away in the night, out of control and don't want to die
- Later on, she becomes some possed person, or whatever, she acts like an alien and is perfectly fine
- Other gets transformed into these "aliens" if they touch the dead animal
- Random "pot" in the ground, some kind of hole where animals get boiled to death in the ground

I mean, what the hell is going on??? Nothing is explained, and it's not a good thing, it's annoying.
I mean, these people turn into some aliens/whatever, but the only thing you could suspect is that black thing in the animal, which they... suprise, surprise... never explain what it is.

So by the end, we have these "alien-people" walking around and then they return to town. Like... eh... am I supposed to be scared by THAT?
It's just unbelivably stupid.

The characters... how should I explain this... the actors share the same name as their "characters", so are they supposed to act as themselves?
Then they deserve another stupid award, because the characters in this movie were all stupid and annoying.
The guys are sex-starving idiots and the women are complete airheads, no matter how many times you tell them something they just say "What?".
For example, the absolute worst part is a romantic couple trying to run away from the danger, at night they share a sleepingbag together, lying all alone in the pitch-dark woods, terrified of what is going to happen.
And the guy says "I want to break up! I can't walk around and pretend I love you when I don't."
Come on!!

This movie truly deserves a "one of the worst movies" award.
½ May 17, 2009
Swedish Blair Witch Project influenced movie, quite weak on all parts overall.
½ March 15, 2009
Sort of a chicken horror thing, I mean... I don't know what I mean - I'm speechless. Jeez...
½ July 7, 2008
Zweedse horror-thriller die z'n mosterd haalt uit soortgenoten als 'The Blair Witch Project' en het superieure 'The Thing'. Na een valse start kent de film wel degelijk zijn spannende momenten, maar de oerlelijke cinematografie en de low-budget regie kunnen het b-gehalte in de film niet drukken. Als tussendoortje mist ie z'n doel niet, maar maak er niets meer van...
½ July 4, 2008
½ May 2, 2008
This tribute-slash-ripoff of The Blair Witch Project has some decent acting. Very unsatisfying and uninspired.
½ May 7, 2008
Reminds me of The Blairwitch Project.
½ March 12, 2008
Not a bad Swedish mystery thriller/horror, but quite derivative and predictable. It has morbid atmosphere and likeable characters, but too few shocks. Although often compared to "Blair witch Project", the film owes more to "Invasion of the body Snatchers.
½ February 9, 2008
Mye av filmen er riktig interessant og man skj√łnner ikke hva som skjer. Noen av scenene er skikkelig creepye, og det er mange digge skogslyder av typen kvist-knekk-tr√•kk.
December 28, 2007
One of the best psychological horror movies. Fantastic insight into group psychology and general human behavior. Very ralistic and non hollywood-type...
½ December 10, 2007
surprisingly scary movie! it has the atmosphere of Blair Witch but the story is nothing like it.
November 11, 2007
A strange swedish film inspired by " The Blair witch project" and "The Thing". I watch it from time to time, and I like it!
½ August 17, 2007