Die Bluthochzeit (The Wedding Party) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Bluthochzeit (The Wedding Party) Reviews

October 26, 2008
Not exacting a comedy like it saids on the package of the DVD. but I did like watching it. It sure proves that rednecks are just here in the United States. Who else would go hunt pheasents on the way of the Wedding Dinner!
October 27, 2009
Dogma 95 em prática.
December 12, 2009
A great combination of the german and belgian comedy! A lot of sarcasm and bloody humor literaly...
The story is crazy but incredibly interesting and entertained!
½ April 14, 2009
Langweilig und überdreht
October 26, 2008
½ November 27, 2008
Nicely done dark comedy about a wedding reception at a hotel gone horribly wrong. A couple of minor storylines involving some of the guests were left unresolved but otherwise this was an entertaining flick.
August 17, 2008
Deja vu as seems I had seen similar scenario somewhere else before. Not a bad comedy noir only I have expected it goes much farther & much more crazier than existing.
August 6, 2008
A dark black comedy? Well, I don't think it's comedy at all...
½ June 10, 2008
It was a little bit more than melodramatic! I can't imagine any person acting like these people in real life! It def wasn't the comedy that the cover leads you to think that it is... but it's still worth seeing.
½ March 24, 2008
What a great movie. A dark black comedy of a wedding dinner that degenerates slowly yet very believable into a nightmare
½ March 3, 2008
The father of the groom is a dick to the owner of the hotel, so the hotelier locks the bride in a bathroom stall. Both reach for their guns, and hilarity ensues. Well, sort of. As consequences to the madness of the first two acts pile up, the tone shifts to a more serious feel which feels strangely detached from what has gone before. The Wedding Party goes from absurdly entertaining to inconsistent - from a satire of a "Straw Dogs" type of film to a cheap imitation.
½ January 24, 2008
What a crazy movie!!
January 3, 2008
Good German flick, not quite the comedy I was expecting from the cover, but I still really enjoyed it. People can be so stupid sometimes.
November 29, 2007
Not a dull moment. Another great German production. Definitely worth the pain of (sometimes way too fast) subtitles.
October 14, 2007
I loved this film. Great acting and an entertaining character-driven plot made this one of my favorite movies I've seen this year. Sure, you will have to endure subtitles. But I assure you it's worth the rental. If I wasn't so broke I'd buy this one. :D

Did I mention the movie was pretty funny? For a German movie that is... ;;)