Digging to China - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

iLeo
½ March 17, 2008
A great movie!
January 21, 2009
A very boring movie, the movie is about a girl living with an alcoholic mother and sister that is weird. She befriend an odd fellow played by Kevin Bacon. The problem with the film was it didn't struck me once. I lost interest during the first few minutes of the film which made the movie disastrous and boring. I was no only left so bored, but filled with contempt. I wanted some batteries, so I could chuck them at the film. This could have been a better film, but it wasn't. It makes itself somewhat of a cliche.
October 3, 2008
Digging to China is the movie equivalent to being gang raped by a bunch of downs syndrome teenagers. They're too retarded to even fucking rape you right. That said this movie has countless PRICELESS scenes with Kevin Bacon playing the part of a retarded person POORLY. I can't emphasize that enough. The movie is worth that alone. Watch this when you're not feel particularly attentive and fast forward through - just stopping on the particularly tardy Kevin Bacon moments.
August 29, 2008
Ooooh, two of my favorite actors: Mary Stuart Masterson and Kevin Bacon.

Great movie. Kinda like What's Eating Gilbert Grape....
June 8, 2008
A very touching story. A great performance by Kevin Bacon. Almost as good as Dustin Hoffman from Rain Man. But not as good. Nice story and very interesting movie.
January 3, 2008
great movie, wow, Kevin Bacon does amazing acting in this movie. Timothy Hutton directed this movie, how kool is that!!
½ October 3, 2007
It's easy to appreciate Kevin Bacon's performance and the good intentions of ``Digging to China,'' the directorial debut of actor Timothy Hutton. But this cloying, superficial story about a developmentally disabled man who is befriended by a lonely 10-year-old girl ends up forced and predictable.
½ July 24, 2007
Wonderful performance by Kevin Bacon. A challenged man is befriended by a young girl whose family owned the local motel, where his mother's car breaks down. Tells a great deal about how our own life experiences influence our perceptions of other people's intentions. Pay close attention to the "sister". Worth seeing.
May 13, 2006
One of Evan's first flicks and a cool movie with Kevin Bacon portraying a handicapped man and his relations with a precocious young girl.
April 6, 2006
When i saw this movie for the first time i was entranced. Kevin Bacon who plays a man with a handicap, has you falling for him and the girl he befriends. It is a hard to find movie but if you do find it, i suggest you give it a shot.
December 27, 2015
Normalerweise kann ich mit Kevin Bacon nur als Bösewicht etwas anfangen. In dieser Rolle hat er mich jedoch vollends überzeugt; er spielt den Charakter überzeugend und glaubhaft . Evan Rachel Wood ist ebenso famos. Was ergibt es also, wenn die zwei Hauptakteure des Film brillieren? Genau, einen ruhigen, nachdenklichen Film über alle Barrieren und Konventionen hinweg und über die Macht der Freundschaft. Und ein rührendes, trauriges Ende!

Nur der Look des Films, dessen Ursache ein geringes Budget sein könnte, störte doch den Filmgenuss etwas.
August 2, 2014
I was hoping for a cute, funny, heartwarming film, but it is none of these things. It's boring, aimless, and miserable.
March 19, 2014
Phenomenal performances by Kevin Bacon & Rachel Wood in a touching story.
July 8, 2013
i just seen this movie a couple of times but it is very good. kevin bacon is never campy in his role of a retarded young man and i am sure that is a delicate line to play and also a great bond/believable friendship between him and a very young evan rachel wood. the movie is quite good and nice story ;)
February 24, 2013
Kevin Bacon at his Best !
May 23, 2012
Another one of Kevin B. best! This movie is full of heart warming drama! A must see! I fell in love with it. Kevin plays a handicap man who is friends with a 10 year girl, they do everything thing together, he helps her when her mother dies, she helps him through his difficulties!
½ December 26, 2011
A groundbreaking performance by Kevin Bacon
½ June 25, 2011
I fell in love with this movie. I do not understand why people hate Kevin Bacon´s performance so much, because, in my case, it was really good. But first, i'd like to watch the movie in it's original language, because i watched in spanish.
½ April 29, 2011
Loved this film. Classic. One of Kevin Bacons best films, and probably the film that got Evan Rachel Wood noticed.