• nepali

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Reviews

3niR
3niR

July 23, 2010
It's like Shahrukh Khan has his own style that represents in most of his movies. I'm not a big fan of Kajol but I don't mind watching her. I watched this movie a long time ago. Still remember every part of it. Religious parents can be frightening. They'll give you freedom with some horror in it. I liked this movie a lot. Shahrukh Khan's presents is enough to make the movie hit!
Kylie B

February 26, 2010
I loved the musical numbers but otherwise I wasn't particularly keen on the film. I found Raj annoying for most if not all of the first half, but found myself liking him better after the intermission.
Ken S

April 26, 2007
Exhausting
iLeo
iLeo

December 25, 2007
An ultimate favorite with a great story plot by Aditya Chopra. Shahrukh Khan and Kajol star in a beautiful story about two individuals who meet and fall in love on a trip through Europe with friends. Great music. Amrish Puri and Anupam Kher co-stars. Worth seeing!
Marion R

December 11, 2007
I liked this movie it had catchy songs it was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it.
mndbnks
November 24, 2008
This is the first movie that I saw Shahrukh Khan in and the actually the second Bollywood film I saw. I feel in love completely with Bollywood and Shahrukh Khan. It's a great movie about love and adversity and being with who you love even if your family doesn't always approve.
s3ductivemami
December 27, 2007
i like this one! this movie was funny and always when srk&kajol get together they are fantastic. l love when kajol almost missed the train and she grabs srk's hand then he is all up on her. i loved the songs who ever wrote and sung the songs were great. every thing about the movie was great however, amrish his eyes are always so scary. and the ending was also kind of chessee.but all the parts when they are together are so nice.!
September 24, 2007
An epic love story that essentially crams as many romantic tropes into its running time as it possibly can. A chance meeting between two second generation Indians from Britain whilst on a vacation in Europe leads very quickly to an impossible love, for the woman is already promised to another man. However, when has that ever stopped a romantic hero from winning the girl? There is no question that this film is predictable, but it's also very entertaining and very funny. The cast is excellent, the songs are entertaining, and it hits almost all the right notes. The film only falters when it reaches its climax which seems way too rushed considering everything that has come before. Still, if you're a fan of "Bollywood" films then you definitely should see this.
July 8, 2007
FAVORITE INDIAN MOVIE. could you ask for a better movie, better actors, a better couple... andything, it's all amazing
May 8, 2007
The BEST movie i watched as far as love stories go!!!! This is the movie that stared me loving Bollywood films in the first place! try it!!!
kashmiridibber
March 28, 2007
Different than the conventional love story. Who knows how they did it, but they pulled off a magnificent story with the same trite ending. Ah well. They tried.
Sherazade
January 14, 2007
This is the first Kajol movie I ever saw and it was quite nice but IMHO, this film is a bit over-rated.
May 21, 2014
Romantic story, timeless song, and superb acting...
May 5, 2013
The best film i've ever watched!! This one is epic romantic from yash raj films with the KING KHAN as raj and kajol as simran. SRK was simply OUTSTANDING in this film. He played the role of Raj with near perfection. The public will easily fall in love with him. Besides the music of the film is among the BEST of indian cinema with the tracks becoming all-time hits. No doubt this is the longest running fil in cinematic history and also features in the GUINNESS BOOKS OF WORLD RECORDS. This is a film from the heart and is very entertaining and not to forget the ICONIC CLIMAX..
August 29, 2013
This is the origin of so many famous Bollywood movies. The pairing of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol is perfect, like always. Of course, like most older Bollywood films, this movie is way too long. Disregarding the many plot holes and stretches, the first half of the story is really nice and fun while the second half is fairly boring.
December 15, 2009
the best hindi film EVER
Rahul S.
March 4, 2013
The greatest Bollywood film of all time and SRK's greatest film ever and this film is a classic!!!
April 2, 2012
"Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" or "The Brave Hearted Will Take the Bride" has some very enjoyable characters, big laughs and a solid love story. Sometimes the lower budget shows (like in the very poorly put together fight towards the end) but those are minor problems to what is otherwise a very enjoyable Bollywood flick. The soundtrack is excellent and it's no surprise that it has become one of the biggest Bollywood hits of all time. (Original Hindi with English Subtitles on Dvd, April 2012)
February 22, 2013
It's the one of the most celebrated Bolly movies for a reason, good movie overall, good acting lovely songs bound together by a pretty good love story!
January 28, 2013
Excellent story telling and heart string plucking performances. DDLJ also has some great songs as well!