The Dolly Sisters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dolly Sisters Reviews

jjnxn
½ December 23, 2007
If you are looking for anything resembling a depiction of the actual Dolly Sisters story look elsewhere but if a sumptuous overstuffed showcase for Betty Grable and June Haver is what you seek this is for you. Filmed in almost blinding Technicolor with some good songs and one beautiful one, I'm Always Chasing Rainbows, plus eye popping costumes and hairstyles this is old fashioned entertainment dished up with style.
½ September 8, 2015
Colorful but empty 'biography' of the famed vaudeville team introduced the Oscar-nominated song "I Can't Begin to Tell You."
½ May 17, 2008
6.5/10. Sweet musical, nice production values, good cast, especially John Payne. Good music and excellent costumes. Well done and very entertaining.
½ September 8, 2015
April 29, 2013
another musical/ vehicle 4 betty grable WWII diversion
½ September 22, 2008
I love old movies...esp with the pinup queen of WWII Grable...
Thier real story is barely on the screen, Google it it's absolulety a tragedy.
November 22, 2011
It was just ok..Betty Grable and June Haver are beautiful but many of the songs were just repetetive. I think they sang "Chasing rainbows" about 100 times.
jjnxn
½ December 23, 2007
December 24, 2008
"Nothin coul dne finer that to be in Carolina ........"
½ June 6, 2008
For me, the dancing are mediocre but I absolutely loved the songs!! The costumes are great too. The catchy tunes certainly make up for the lack of plot.
May 27, 2008
This is an oldie and goodie
½ May 17, 2008
½ July 2, 2007
Could have been a lot better.
November 19, 2007
This is one of those sugar coated bio films. This one is pretty good though. Don't look for much in the plot but the numbers are really outstanding!
November 9, 2007
Yay for Betty Grable and John Payne
½ October 16, 2007
This one I haven't seen as much as the others so I don't remember much but I know I liked it and I enjoy both actresses.
October 11, 2007
These women were GREAT. You gotta see John Payne..cute..
½ August 31, 2007
Not the greatest film in the world, it does have some good song and dance routines in it. And I'll watch anything with Betty Grable in it.
August 29, 2007
I was shocked to find this movie on the application! I grew up watching this movie on AMC and I loved the songs and dancing. Very rarely is the movie aired, nor do many people know about it. It's just a feel good movie that makes me smile and brings back fond memories of childhood and trying to dance like Betty Grable and show off my cute legs :)