Movies Like Domestic Disturbance

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Domestic Disturbance Reviews

Nicki M

January 25, 2008
Quite dull for a thriller and lacking in storyline. I would be seriously annoyed if I paid money to see this at the cinema instead of watching it on tv.
Looks cheaply made like a tv movie, except I have seen more entertaining tv movies. Why Vince Vaugh's character is a psycho is never explained (or it was but I was asleep through boredom in that bit). Pile of wishy washy characters I couldn't care less about.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

April 29, 2007
Meh.
Lady D

August 10, 2006
Surprisingly good, a little predictable in places but a pretty good Thriller.

I do prefer Vince Vaughns more serious roles and think in this case he made a good bad guyl.

Easy watching, enjoyable and entertaining.
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
If this was a made for TV movie it would be quite good, it certainly has that feel about it but it?s not. It?s a made for cinema movie, so therefore is crap.
Leigh R

November 9, 2006
Tense.
Dan S

September 16, 2007
An "ok" thriller. Its familiar in a lot of ways, but the casting is excellent. Travolta is spot-on as the caring dad, Vaughn is fine as the two-faced step-father, O'Leary good as the son, and Buscemi superb as a sleazebag. The positives are that its got a nice dose of excitement, and the performances are believeable. The real big negative is that its very predictable. Never unentertaining, though.
Jason S

July 11, 2007
Kind of creepy but not all that original. I liked the performances though. All involved put in really good work.
Dean !

May 5, 2007
An ok thriller but has a made for TV feel to it.
Megan S

February 26, 2007
This was basically a Lifetime Television Movie with John Travolta in it so they could play it in theaters and charge you money to watch it.
deano
deano

November 29, 2006
Fine John Travolta cat-and-mouse thriller.
Todd S

March 19, 2008
Ask yourself this, what if you witnessed a crime and no one believed you? Better yet, what if you were a kid when this happened? That is the premise of this modern day thriller, Domestic Disturbance. It isn't the perfect movie, but the story, while predictable, was still so much fun to watch. As for the cast, John Travolta and Vince Vaughn alone should tell you that you're in for something special. I know a lot of people love Vaughn, I don't, but he was great in this film. Matthew O'Leary, a newcomer back then, seemed as thou he's been doing this for years, acting as the perfect go between and playing his role flawlessly. Domestic Disturbance is fun, exciting, and has an unbelievable cast. Besides the predictability, the only other thing I can say negatively about this film was that it wasn't long enough! I really enjoyed it and didn't want it to end.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

April 22, 2011
A suspense thriller about a divorced boat-builder Frank Morrison (John Travolta) living in a seaside town who is hoping to get along with his ex-wife's new husband, but his pre-teen son who is having trouble coping with his mother's second marriage to the creepy Rick Barnes (Vince Vaughn) convinces him that the new hubby is bad news when he accidentally witnesses Rick murder a co-hort (Steve Buscemi) in cold blood and incinerate him, leaving virtually no evidence.

Sadly, because the lad has a reputation as a habitual liar, no-one believes him least of all his mother (Teri Polo) who doesn't realize that her new hubby is torturing her child under her own roof in an effort to keep him silent and now it is up to his recovering alcoholic, good old dad to come to the rescue.

Although the script was somewhat predictable it kept my attention throughout and Vince Vaughn pulls off the bad guy role reasonably well.
Stephen E

June 18, 2012
"Domestic Disturbance" is the result of uninspired direction, a generic script, and awkward editing. Virtually every scene or line has been used a thousand times before in other less notable movies, so to call it 'predictable' would be a massive understatement; you need only watch the film's first ten minutes to know exactly how it ends and the steps that it takes to get there. John Travolta turns in a watchable performance, but the rest of the cast is below average. Vince Vaughn is horrifically miscast, and any scene where he's supposed to be intimidating or scary is pure comedy.
Erin C

May 17, 2009
For being PG13, it was still pretty creepy. The boy did a really good job, and Travolta was awesome as always. It was weird seeing Vince in a serious role though!
Lee K

March 4, 2008
was pretty good although i would much prefer if they reversed the roles and had travolta as the villain wouldve been cool, needless to say worth a watch
Sarah P

January 21, 2008
This is one of those "guilty pleasure" movies, very easy to watch and get caught up in, but very averge filmmaking.
sbzibziak
November 16, 2011
The low reviews seem kind of harsh. I thought that it was a pretty good plot with a good set of actors.. I felt that Vauhgn and Travolta played their roles really well. overall i thought that it was a good thriller.
brandankurtis
January 10, 2011
I went to the theatre the evening that this movie came out expecting a suspenseful, action movie starring Vince Vaughn and John Travolta. I wasn't disappointed. Seeing a suspense film starring John Travolta was something I never expected because I'll never forget him in the Look Who's Talking Series! But it just prooved even more than John is a jack of all trades. This was a suspenseful movie and had me wondering what was going to happen next the whole time.

I recommend it to everyone.
November 8, 2010
Domestic Disturbance is thrilling no doubt, but it's predictable and unoriginal to the point that it feels like a remake of so many other movies similar to it. It has a great cast of characters, and they all do fairly well, but the story they are performing is so "yesterday" that it feels like I knew what would happen before it did. Add to that... a weak ending at best. I gave this movie 3 stars for the performance alone, but the story gets a 2... You have seen this movie before, trust me.
May 22, 2009
this is one of those movies that you forget you've seen because it was before Vaughn was famous. the one role he has that's not like all the rest. i think it's pretty good - it's worth picking up