—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Down from the Mountain Reviews

Graham J

March 31, 2012
A very enjoyable concert film and a must see for any fan of O Brother, Where Art Thou?.
September 16, 2010
The good: Absolutely beautiful, spine-tingling music, better than the studio soundtrack. Intimate close-ups with the musicians before the show. The bad: Two of the concert tracks were interrupted to cut to backstage. Bad move. And, inexplicably, the foot-stompin' classic, "Man of Constant Sorrow" is curiously absent from the performance. Overall, I almost gave this more than 4 stars. Anything that makes my spine tingle that much in the course of an hour usually deserves it. I was left wanting just a little bit more, though. The quality is somewhere between breathtaking concert and DVD featurette.
mmars2
October 9, 2009
Thoroughly enjoyable, well produced. Amazing lineup. Perhaps even better than the soundtrack. Love the behind-the-scenes bits...especially Emmy Lou keeping tab on the baseball scores....and Gillian Welch needing to get dressed up. Shows the agelessness of American roots music. A must-see for every Americana music fan.
February 16, 2009
This was very cool. Of course, I loved the music of "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" I think that movie really introduced me to bluegrass.
zappasgal
March 30, 2007
Actually saw this live! Ralph Stanley singing "O Death"! 10 rows back-outdoors. Beats the dvd and cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But if you missed it-this is a great DVD showing the premier performance before the film was released. What amazing American icons of talent.
Graham J

March 31, 2012
December 26, 2011
We saw the Stage show of Down from the Mountain and was the most entertaining concert we ever experienced. Each performance had a different cast of characters so those in the show that we enjoyed are not in this documentary. Still would like to see this.