Dreamaniac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dreamaniac Reviews

½ March 31, 2013
This is what it looks like when you give a bunch of college age people the ability to make a horror movie. Plenty of nudity, a little blood, and a whole lot of bad acting, poor directing, terrible editing, all set around a pretty ho hum story.
But, unlike the kids of today who can make this kind of stuff on a weekend for very little money thanks to the digital revolution, these guys had to use things like film and proper editing suites. No computers or undo buttons here and for that, you have to give them a little respect. Too bad there wasn't much talent to go with it.
November 12, 2012
This film drags more butt than a thousand dogs with itchy anuses.
The sound mix is horrible as well.

I first thought this was a rip off of A Nightmare on Elm Street mainly because the killer on the cover is coming out of the wall like Freddy did in the first film. Also because of the misleading title. I also thought that the image on the cover was Clint Howard until I saw the bigger image, and I'm not sure why they show the killer being bald, SHE isn't.

They love to show nudity in this film. I personally don't like nudity in films but even I can tell when it's forced.

The ending makes no sense at all. The Killer succubus was an escapee from a mental home, and was told to apologize. (?) Then we learn it was all a script / novel. We see the writer talking to his publisher on the phone about what the title should be. They decide on "Succubus" (which could have be the original title for this movie. It certainly makes more sense than "Dreamaniac") The writer then gets a knock on the door a woman comes through the door cuts his throat.

This film will only serve to confuse you and bore you to death. Don't waste your time.
September 10, 2011
The box for this direct to video bore claims that it's better than Nightmare on Elm Street and Phantasm. Nice try.
½ May 18, 2011
David DeCoteau has struck again! A couple years before he made the awesome Puppet Mastr III, DeCoteau made this film, and what a film it is. I don't know how it is not a cult classic, what with its ample amounts of gore, hard rocking theme, hot babes, a succubus, and REALLY bad acting, but somehow, people hate this. I really don't understand why. Its a huge cheesefest that just does not stop. It's a lot like Slumber Party Massacre II, in atmosphere and storyline. So if you're one of the many who didn't like that movie, skip it. However, if you really liked SPM2, get this at all costs! It isn't on DVD yet (sob), so you can either get a VHS or take the risky route (the DVDs that begin with a 'b').