Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story Reviews

March 19, 2010
dreams can come true
January 23, 2010
Very good movie. I watched this movie with my bff and I loved it!!! :)
½ October 17, 2006
Fantastic and highly reccomended.
September 10, 2006
Emotional true family story with an once-great horse.
½ September 6, 2012
"When you ran, the ground shook, the sky opened and mere mortals parted..." Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story is a compelling and heartwarming film that's incredibly uplifting. The story follows a family that's brought together by their efforts to save a racehorse with a broken leg. Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning lead the cast, and are supported by Kris Kristofferson and Elizabeth Shue. But, it's really Fanning's outstanding performance that carries the film; she has great chemistry with Russell and comes off as incredibly sincere. Additionally, the film is especially well-crafted. While it may appear a little formulaic on the surface, Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story is a wonderful family film with a lot of heart.
October 30, 2008
A feel-good movie that was fairly predictable... especially with scenes, shots, and script.
June 27, 2007
I was surprised with this one. It was actually good. Dakota Fanning is great.
½ March 24, 2010
Good family movie based on a true story. The strong cast keep you engaged til the heartwarming finale.
½ May 27, 2007
Horse riding swill
March 16, 2006
Dakota Fanning is amazing, as usual. Can this girl ever make a bad film?
½ December 17, 2011
Gorgeous horse and a decent plot. However, not as riveting as I hoped. Somewhat boring. Still, a charming family movie.
September 6, 2009
Dreamer is an inspirational movie, and a very heart warming story. Excellent performances by little Dakota Fanning, Kurt Russell, Kris Kristofferson, Luis Guzman, and Freddy Rodriguez. I liked this movie and would recommend it to everyone.
½ April 13, 2009
This is a great movie for racing fans and English riders alike! (Don't forget Western riders) :) But if it didn't curse it would be rated G!!!!!!! But no, EVERYONE has to curse now! Can't make a movie without a cuss word in it! >:(
January 23, 2009
Absolutely LOVE this movie!!! Was forunate enough to get to see this as a PREVIEW before it was in Theaters & fell in love with this one. Now own 2 of these DVDs...
May 9, 2007
i love dakota fanning in this movie

good movie

dakota fanning just keeps getting better
January 13, 2009
I loved watching this movie i am a horror movie fan but i loved this movie i so totally recommend u see it
September 17, 2008
Amust see for horse/animal lovers. The whole cast was meant to be together to give the best movie ever.
½ August 22, 2008
It's pretty good. It doesn't really have much to do with Dakota Fanning though, but other than that, it's a great story about a horse.
July 28, 2008
I <3 horses so if you do you HAVE 2 see this! True story!!!

Such a good movie based on a true story!!! Plus its about my fav animal, a horse.
August 18, 2007
There are many movies about children developing a special bond with an animal and most follow a certain formula. This movie was no exception but the execution makes it stand out from many of the others. You walk away with a feeling that it had more to do with the family bonding than with the actual horse. So many great values are illustrated, including how far your dreams can take you if you just have enough faith. It's lack of corniness also makes it a film that the entire family can enjoy.