• R, 1 hr. 21 min.

Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas Reviews

WrenchLT
WrenchLT

April 17, 2011
Poorly casted and lacks shock value. It does touch on other parts of Henry's back story that other movies on the serial killer neglected, and the validity of Henry's crimes are also brought into question as detectives raise serious doubts about the apparant 3000 murders he comitted. Antonio Sabato Jr. is a decent actor and gives a good performance but I just felt he was miscast as Henry... he reminded me more of Richard Ramirez! The film is nowhere near as good or as disturbing as "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer".
November 22, 2009
Aside from having the most odd but fun use of the song "Monster Mash" this movie has some other really good merits. The lead actor is terrific and exudes creepy and sympathy and mystery, and it's not an easy thing to do all that while being beat by your mother, even as a gronw man. I do not know how much of this is in fact, and how much got changed, but the movie held my attention for awhile. Unfortunately, it kept going, and it lost me. Not that it was confusing or any such thing, but rather boring at points, and it's only 80 minutes long. Maybe as a 50 minute short this would have been exhilirating. What we are left with is good beginning, great ending, and a few good spots, but mostly boring inbetween.
September 7, 2009
Antonio Sabato Jr. fans...don't waste your time or $1 Redbox rental fee on this movie. This was his worst movie ever...he was much better on Melrose Place.
jam233
August 25, 2009
Poorly constructed movie, sloppily thrown together and clearly low budget. The score is not very good, the performances are sub par. Not very impressive.
FilmGrinder S.
June 5, 2013
This guy, cut the arms off a lady in a canyon down the road from my house (a couple of miles), she made it to the I-5 freeway and flagged down (I know, horrible joke) a pedestrian and lived!
Heather B.
September 10, 2009
I have watched stupid movies that I will normally watch till the end in hopes that it will get better this I had to get up and turn it off! It was poorly acted, long, and maybe worst movie of the year! all it needed to put it over the top is 13 s yelling "bring it on!" Drifter was morbid, slow, cheap, and STUUUUPID!!
jazza923