DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp Reviews

michael e.
March 23, 2011
When I was little I watched this movie CONSTANTLY!! It was funny, entertaining, and much like an Indiana Jones movie in a lot of ways, except for the obvious reason, that its all duck. And i barely ever watched the show when i was little, but this movie is well worth your time if you have it and want to show it to your kids, or just want to relive old nostalgia.
March 19, 2012
A rare little jewel of my childhood.
MeetMeinMontauk
½ May 24, 2009
I cannot tell you how many times I watched this movie as a kid. Like on repeat.
FilmFanatik
½ April 3, 2008
Haven't seen it in a long time, but I enjoyed it.
September 29, 2009
Duck tales, whoo hoo!
½ September 11, 2009
Never have understood why this movie never really took off. Duck Tales was the #1 cartoon on TV when this was made. I remember seeing it in '91 and liking it, and then again in 2007 and loving it even more - would love to own one day. Extremely underrated Disney movie from one of the best cartoon series of not only the 80's, but of all time.
November 16, 2007
I liked this one. It stayed true to the feel of the tv show while giving it an epic feel for the big screen. They should put it on DVD soon.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
the duck tales are always great
½ April 27, 2006
If only this had taken off, I could have had Rescue Rangers: The Movie =(
½ September 1, 2007
I loved this movie. It wasn't a big deal but it definitely deserved some attention.
April 8, 2013
Children's cartoons seemed so much more clever during the 90's and 80's, with "DuckTales" being one of the best cartoons of its era. The DuckTales movie feels like a two-part episode of the series, yet lacks many of the familiar baddies. Most importantly, it's still DuckTales and it still has a lot of the subtle jokes that are aimed more at the adults than the kids. Some of the voice acting is irritating, but Rip Taylor steals the show in a role only he could pull off. In some ways this movie feels like Aladdin, but DuckTales actually came first!
February 12, 2012
I was greatly disappointed by this film because I was such a huge fan of the television show growing up in the 1990s. I thought at worst this film would slightly exceed the TV show in terms of depth but it did not. Essentially this was just a longer television episode without commercials. Even worse, it was several episodes put together. Sure, it included Launchpad and Mrs. Featherby but it was not anything special at all. The pacing of this film was rather slow as well also. That took away from the film greatly. Alan Young was great as Scrooge McDuck and the catchy song always brings a smile to my face. However, this film was a huge disappointment.
March 19, 2011
Just a wonderful simple yet addictive "Duck Tales" special. Kind of short for a movie though, but all the quality from the cartoon is in this movie. I loved the characters, the plot, the music and the design.
August 13, 2010
One of the best film adaptions of a cartoon series. Sad shame we never saw the genie character in the series afterwards.
June 8, 2007
Yeah, this used to be one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons. The problem is I can't remember this movie all that well cause it's been FOREVER since I've seen it.
July 9, 2007
YAY!!!! I remember this movie! it was great!! and I love the theme song too (I can play it on the Piano)! but, yeah, this was back when I actually liked Disney Channel! Now I must say Disney Channel is Awful!! and not really for kids anymore!
½ October 22, 2007
I owned this on VHS as a kid and I would still watch it if I had it. Somehow, Duck Tales never gets old with me.
June 3, 2007
Well, I must admit that I'm a ducktales fan. Hence, I don't have anything wrong to say about this movie. It is a lot of fun!
½ April 30, 2007
Based on the hit Saturday morning cartoon, it features many of the characters from the series. There's a scene near the end where the temple is melting, and the holt molten gold is threatening to drown them. It's a very powerfully animated film!
October 10, 2006
I can't lie I loved this movie. It's one of the first presents my brother ever bought me and my sister.