Dysfunktional Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dysfunktional Family Reviews

February 17, 2008
March 23, 2012
I thought this comedy special was going to be downright hilarious. While it had some funny moments, Dysfunktional Family disappointed. It was too reliant on racial humor, something that all black comics seem to fall back to if they run of other material. However, it's all racial humor I have heard before from Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Chris Rock. The 9/11 bits were OK but not as funny either. The best part of the documentary were about his crazy uncles and his white grandfather. True life is always funnier than observational humor. I am still a big Eddie Griffin fan but I think he is capable of doing much better than this.
November 12, 2007
Some very funny material on the standard stand-up topics of family, drugs, women, racism and politics. Griffin is at his best when he's at the helm, letting it all hang out.
July 16, 2007
First there was Richard Pryor, then there was Eddie Murphy, now there is Eddie Griffin. This movei is a must see, you will laugh so hard that you will have to leave the room for relief
½ July 11, 2012
Actually pretty good!
½ April 3, 2006
It's funny, but it's so raw, gritty, nasty, disgusting..i don't know! Just watch for your self:o