Eat the Rich Reviews

½ January 2, 2010
I've been waiting since high school to watch this movie and I really have to say that this movie is horrible. The only thing I liked about it was the soundtrack otherwise this was a complete waste of time.
October 23, 2008
You probably have to be English to really get all the jokes in this movie, but its a great look at people on the extremes of the socio-economic divide. Fun and crazy over the top characters. Kinda like a british 80's fight club in a way lol.
April 25, 2013
Sometimes you leave a film 25 years and then you go back and realise its a brutal black comedy which attacks the more unsavoury parts of Thatchers Britain in the late 80s.
Following on from the low key and funny The Supergrass, the Comic strip team lead by Peter Richardson go for the jugular with this anarchic and sometimes very funny comedy about those with and how those without plot their downfall.
Alex is a frustrated waiter in a resturant called BASTARDS which caters for the horribly rich and just plain horrible.
When Alex is sacked he is left homeless and then devises a plan to wreak revenge with the aid of Ron ,Jimmy and Fiona who all have there own reasons for getting there own back on the BASTARDS clentele.
To add to that story a ruthless Commander Fortune played with ease and sinister charm by Crossroads stalwart Ronald Allen and his henchman Spider played by Lemmy!!!! are determined to bring down Home Sec Nosh played by long term stunt man Nosher Powell.
Nosh is an uncouth hard drinking womaniser who is only one crude step away from becoming PM.
Most of the humour involves drinking, swearing, cannibalism and lashings of Motorhead on the soundtrack.
Director Peter Richardson pulls out all the stops here as he attacks the system in place at the time and allows Nosher to stamp on private parts and wee in Buckingham palace grounds.
Its also good fun looking out for celebrity cameos from Paul McCartney,Bill Wyman,Sandie Shaw and Jools Holland.
It might not be subtle and i guess thats half the films point but its also very strange that this film didnt turn up in the Comic Strip boxset released a few years ago.
A film of its time then but with plenty of delicious dark humour amid the more obvious gags .
½ February 24, 2012
A pretty good flick, especially after they start serving up the rich snobs.
December 27, 2011
It's only Rock'n'Roll, but I like it !
½ July 3, 2011
Typical Dark British Comedy based around the obsession of class
November 14, 2009
This movie was hilarious! It may not appeal to the public at large but those with a wacky sense of humour will love it. The plot is a bit lame but the ideas is appealing to the anarchist in those of us so inclined. I like the insane plodding of the characters that most in modern society will not relate to or even sympatise with. this is not the 60s unfortunately. I love the insane ending..