Ed Reviews

June 29, 2008
Ed is not a bad family movie. If you have little kids or are just really bored and are looking for a quick laugh this movie may do it for you.

The lines are cheesy, the plot is even cheesier, and it's more then unrealistic. But it does deliver some funny parts as a man embraces a Chimpanzee as not only a teammate but as a new best friend.
½ February 1, 2007
Amazing entertaining comedy of a baseball-playing chimp who joins for the demoralised minor league team. More hilarious.
½ February 15, 2010
I'm not opposed to movies with animals playing sports, but this was just stupid. If it appeals to anybody it will be really young kids. (First and only full viewing - 7/3/2010)
January 21, 2012
Not that I expected much from a movie about a chimpanzee that plays baseball, but it's pretty obvious that whoever wrote and produced this film was banking on Matt LeBlanc's popularity at the time to sell tickets. It certainly isn't because there's a plot... or any humor... or really much of anything besides a bunch of idiots chasing a monkey around for an hour and a half. I always wondered if I might be missing something really cute by not watching this movie, but now I see I definitely was not.
½ September 30, 2008
I remember seeing this at the video store back in the day and my Mom saying, "No that looks awful." It turned into a joke for awhile that I would always say I wanted to rent "Ed" because for some reason it would make her mad. Eventually rented it and man was she right. It's not even funny bad, its just sort of creepy bad, but mostly bad bad.
December 9, 2007
Matt LeBlanc (who is absolutely hilarious on Friends) plus a baseball playing monkey = a very peculiar movie...
½ October 5, 2006
I dunno who was responsible for making me watch this movie, but it's 90 minutes of my life I want back.
April 18, 2006
I confused this with EdTV. Haven't seen this one. But it's fun to write about movies. And it's got a chimpanzee jumping four feet in the air to high-five Matt Leblanc on the cover; so it's worth writing about.
September 27, 2015
Most people just get a dog.

Jack 'Deuce' LeBlanc has a rocket arm who is caught in a recreational game, drafted, and placed in the minors. He lacks control of his hard stuff and gets hammered throwing off speed pitches. The minor league team doesn't make much money; so in a desperation act, they purchase a baseball playing monkey to play third. Jack and the monkey have to be roommates and Jack's life changes forever.

"We don't carry bats in your size."
"We do now."

Bill Couturie, director of numerous documentaries including 30 for 30, Letters to Jackie, Vietnam Requiem, and Earth and the American Dream, delivers Ed. The storyline for this picture is miserable as is the monkey which is a funny man in a costume. The acting is dreadful but kids may enjoy the plot.

"I think we have a rocket arm."

I came across this on HBOGO and had to watch it with my daughter (we had never seen this before). This is a ridiculous kids movie with a horrible concept; however, I found my daughter giggling throughout the movie. This probably deserves less than 2 stars, but I am giving it two stars due to my daughter thoroughly enjoying this film.

"I'm going to spank that monkey."

Grade: C
January 17, 2015
Saturday matinee sewage.
½ April 13, 2014
Believe it or not, it's DUMBER than you'd think.
½ June 11, 2007
You would be lying if you said that you weren't entertained by Matt Leblanc and a robotic monkey
December 10, 2013
Disgusting, irritating, poorly acted, repetitive, and the monkey didn't even look like a monkey. Without a doubt this film caves in within the first 5 minutes. It was a nice idea, but they conveyed it so unpleasantly and awkwardly that it ultimately made the film unenjoyable.
February 4, 2013
Ed is the name of a baseball playing monkey for the Santa Rosa Rockets. Horrible, almost insulting to watch for anyone with half a brain.
January 10, 2013
Ed is terrible. The characters are one dimensional. The jokes are unfunny. The laughs are unintentional. The plot, well, I hardly even care. Overall Ed is one of the worst movies ever made.
November 10, 2012
One of the greatest movies youre ever see
September 29, 2012
Matthew FUCKING Leblanc
April 20, 2011
I was busy working when Ed happened to come on, after 5 minutes my television leaped off the stand smashing itself on the ground. The TV saved my life that day!