21% Transcendence Apr 18

Edison (Edison Force) Reviews

LWOODS04
LWOODS04

August 9, 2009
"Edison Force is a good thriller. I was surprised that with it being good and with the cast it has, that it was a film that went straight to DVD. I enjoyed the story and thought all of the acting was solid. I am usually a disbeliever of rappers and singers being good actors, but LL Cool J continues to prove me wrong. I really enjoy him in movies. Plus he's nice eye candy. Justin Timberlake was also good in this. I've see in a few movies now. His acting has definitely gotten better since this movie.
The movie is your basic cops gone bad with a news reporter seeking out the truth trying to expose those said cops. Although the story is not original, it is still good. I would see it again."
Anthony L

May 17, 2011
The performances are quite good but the story lacks intelligence and structure. The conclusion is laughable and undoes a lot of good work. It's watchable but you can't help but feel it's a wasted opportunity and fairly inexcusable considering the people who worked on it. A bad day at the office.
Lady D

March 24, 2007
This film had a lot of potential but in my opinion failed to deliver what could have been a great plot. A waste of two great actors; Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman, disappointingly watchable
Al S

September 28, 2007
A riveting and exhilerating edge of your seat action thriller. Smart, fast-paced and packed with plenty of excitment. A great story of coruption and politics. A truly stunning all-star cast. Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman are teriffic. Dylan McDermott is electrifying. LL Cool Jay has never been better. Justine Timberlae is sensational. Tense, stylish and filled with explosive action. A real nail-biter from start to finish.
Roy G

September 24, 2007
Nothing more than a sub-average film
Dean !

June 21, 2007
An ok action/drama film as a young reporter discovers a possible cover-up by a group of police officers. Which puts his own life in danger. There are better examples of this type of film around though.
deano
deano

December 26, 2006
Great thriller about the corrupt cops. LL Cool J is doing great in the final shootouts and Justin Timberlake makes a fine performance in his debut acting of this film.
Joseph E

June 25, 2009
Lol this is a knock off of Swat. Same type of motive, people, and story. Yet, it is almost as enjoyable. Not quite though.

Oh, wait! One more thing. Isn't LL Cool J in Swat?

True Rating EE: Extreme Emulation
Jay R

July 17, 2006
had potiental... but fell flat with poor directing... nice fight scene between LL Cool J and Dylan McDermott though...
December 23, 2012
Not a bad cop film. Great cast here, but almost low quality in appearance. I don't know if they were trying to go for gritty or something here, but the "style" of filming, if there really was a purpose behind it, it's really lacking in quality. As a side note, while the journalistic practices portrayed in this film aren't entirely correct, the writers get it right more often than not, and as a journalist-in-training, I can really appreciate that.
October 23, 2008
There was some good action, but definitely not Justin Timberlake's best role. Morgan Freeman pulled it off though.
June 22, 2007
This was a good ass movie good story line nice plot..and JT is a good actor after all the other movies he has destoried he did good in this one!
HiMyNameIsSteve
June 13, 2007
This film felt unfinished and just thrown together, almost as if it were a TV movie-of-the-week. It's not without its merits, but it never sells itself well.
March 9, 2007
A well done thriller loaded with stars. There are no bad performances and Justin Timberlake does a good job for his first outing. He is over powered in screen presance by Freeman and a few times by Cool J, but otherwise he holds his own quite well.
February 7, 2007
Morgan Freeman is it a VERY good actor!!! I Like this movie it's one to see exspecialy if you like Morgan!!
basketballchick4life
February 2, 2007
Justin Timberlake, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, and LL Cool J made this one of the best action movies I've ever seen!
nancy1239
January 24, 2007
This is a great line up of stars who do a great job in keeping you on the edge of your seat.Good movie dealing with police corruption!!
November 29, 2006
Good movie about corupt cops. The ending shootout is not very accurate but it is still an entertaining movie.
wchire
November 8, 2006
You would think with the cast, this film would have some potential. WRONG.
This movie just doesn't know what it wants to tell it's audience.
Lights, Camera, ....What?