The Education of Sonny Carson Reviews

June 12, 2007
January 25, 2009
Somebody stole this movie from me! I haven;t found another one since! This movie is good and brings back the memories of when jive was in! :)
December 7, 2008
This movie is Ghetto Classic ! It could have been a four star but it drags on a bit and picks up again. Very raw for its time. The movie shows children cursing like sailors and depicts gang life in a raw tone. I liked this movie a lot but thought it could have been better.
June 18, 2008
This movie is part of the reason why I never had the inclenation to join a gang or become a target of the streets. This gritty tale of tough vs. weak is an all too real depiction of life in the hood.
March 13, 2007
Wow I'm almost at a lost of words. I think this a movie that everyone should enjoy, but being from Brooklyn and seeing the different streets snd other familiar things really had me drawn to the movie as a whole. I liked the honest portrayal that they gave of the police and how brutal they were even back then in particularly towards African American and that goes double time for African American males who in the eyes of most racist have always posed a threat to the white man. A must see.
March 23, 2013
I remember this film being shot way back in the mid-1970's as a young child. The gang initiation scene was shot in Ft. Greene Park in Brooklyn as I rode the bus to school. We saw the finished product and was mesmerized by the content and its message. The film resonated with many of the people we lived with in the Brooklyn projects that you can make it, if you make the choice to do so. It's a hidden gem and highly recommended!.
May 14, 2011
Let me get mines first, then after I get mine you could do what you wanna do!