Einstein and Eddington - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Einstein and Eddington Reviews

½ March 23, 2011
There were parts towards the end that were a little to corny for me to handle. Also, Andy Serkis's accent was confusing at times: British, German? Make up your mind!
Other than that, though, it was enjoyable and informative.
August 20, 2010
I really hadn't a clue what to expect of this, but I found that I really quite liked it. And although there's nothing particularly amazing here, it's enjoyable for what it is. Too bad David Tennant and Andy Serkis didn't have any significant screen time together, though.
January 12, 2010
Oh, goodness. Both of these actors are oodles better than the mess of a script this gives them. I know it's a TV movie, but really. It jumps all over the place emotionally. It forces its characters to go on preachy diatribes about science that don't sound like anything actually coming from anyone's mouths (try as I might, I couldn't help but think of Lost Skeleton of Cadavra: "If we find this meteor, it might mean actual scientific advances in the field of science"). David Tennant managed to make most of it at least sound plausibly human. Andy Serkis couldn't QUITE manage it. A good idea for a movie, and two capable actors to portray the roles, but a lousy screenwriter makes this very not-worth watching.
½ August 20, 2015
Overly dramatic, but I really liked the portrayal of Einstein by Andy Serkis.
½ August 4, 2014
Finally able to see this on the new HBO Now service. While the service so far is not dependable (it would get stuck or have errors and need restarting), I did manage to see it all.

Tennant and Serkis played their parts well in my very non-scientific opinion. Maybe I will understand the points they are making better in a second viewing.
½ March 20, 2015
This is a lovely movie, beautifully acted. It's a history lesson, a science lesson, but even more, two love stories. Something the Doctor (David Tennant) did in his spare time, joined by Andy Serkis, who only acted the part of Golum. Serkis plays a very exciting and human Einstein, and Tennant plays the British scientist who became interested in Einstein's theory before it was well known, and who fought for its recognition. He even helped to prove it, by using a solar eclipse.
February 25, 2015
A BBC/HBO film, this one is on a very high level. Good production values and acting, the script is OK as well, however it's a serious movie about an obscure subject to most people. If you like things heady and historical, this might be your cup of tea. World War I, London and Berlin academics and politics all collide with a twist of romance to make a film most audiences liked. Horses for courses.
December 1, 2014
an excellent treatment of a forgotten man
April 28, 2014
Low key and engaging. Great performances.
April 26, 2014
Best Einstein ever! Way to go Andy
October 19, 2013
To Brazilians, it's a little frustrating that the solar eclipse measurements made at Sobral are not mentioned. It is said they came to be better than those from Africa. An of course the poetic license related to the amount of "gap" (the apex of the movie) show lack of respect of the producers with the viewers.
September 10, 2012
I found the interesting, as I knew nothing of Eddington.
½ March 5, 2012
Gives us a completely different perspective of science and the lives of the world's greatest scientists... Worth watching!
August 9, 2011
Tout le monde connait Einstein, mais on connait moins (ou pas du tout)
Eddington. Ces deux genies ont correspondu pendant la guerre pour confirmer ou infirmer la theorie de la gravit√ (C) mise en place par Newton. Outre l‚(TM)int√ (C)r√™t scientifique evident de ce film (compr√ (C)hensible sans devoir √™tre physicien), il permet de suivre certains aspects de la 1e guerre mondiale ainsi que de decouvrir des aspects plus personnels sur les scientifiques : Eddington √ (C)tait gay et quaker, il refusait toute forme de violence et prot√ (C)geait les familles allemandes prises √† parti d√®s le d√ (C)but de la guerre. Einstein a quitt√ (C) femme et enfants pour √ (C)pouser une ni√®ce, et a refus√ (C) de participer √† l‚(TM)√ (C)laboration d‚(TM)armes ¬ę scientifiques ¬Ľ alors que
tous ses compatriotes allemands y prenaient part.
De plus, on voit Gollum sous un nouveau jour et les fans de David Tennant trouveront une nouvelle raison pour aimer leur chouchou ‚¶
½ March 23, 2011
Other than that, though, it was enjoyable and informative.
March 17, 2011
Hodnń> dobr√ (C), ale trochu moc romantiky a m√°lo fyziky.
February 16, 2011
To be honest I would have liked more science and history in the movie, but well nobody seems to have the guts to make a historical film that cannot appeal to everyone I suppose. It also had the potential to be more dramatic, but it came off flat in places it didn't have to. Still, Serkis and Tennant are very good actors.
February 16, 2011
Ei mikään tajunnan räjäyttävä eepos fyysikolle, mutta suosittelen kaikille joita kiinnostaa tiede ja tarinat tieteen takana. Tiede ei tee elämästä tylsää, vaan mitä enemmän tietää, sen mielenkiintoisempi on elämä.