El Alamein (The Line of Fire) Reviews

February 23, 2015
This is the first World War II film I have seen from the Italian point of view. It is a slow movie, a little weird, but mostly a straight forward tale of gradual military defeat. I loved the atmosphere.
September 29, 2012
It's nice to see the other side of the story. Perhaps the Italians are less equipped for the war, unlike their comrades the Japs and the Nazis. This film showcases that in tragedy. Though the movie was good, the battle scenes didn't do well. I don't know if it is a production constraint or a visual handicap for the director. Anyhow this should be part of any war film junkies' collection.
August 9, 2010
As a fan of war movies of all sorts I was overwelmingly imprest by this film. The acting was amazing and all the leading rols were preformed exalently. The thing about this movie that I enjoyed the most was how this film broke the steryotype of the Italian soldiers of world war two. Rather than being potrade as comical and cowardice people that were only good at surendering and runing from battel, they were shown as brave and honerable men caught up in a tragic war that consumed the world. Low on ammunition, food and water the war was no longer about fighting for their country but for the man next to them. The battle sequence in this movei was so emotional and so realistic it sent chills down my spine. It felt as if I was actualy in the fox holes with them staring almost certain death in the face. The overwelming reality and emotion of this film was incredible. This film realy drove home the point that the experiences that all soldiers face in war regaurdless of who they are or where they come from is nouthing short of savage. I give this movie 5/5. I would highly recomend this film. however if you do not like violence you may not like this film. It is an Italian fimle so it is entirely in Italian so subtitles will be necessary if you don't speek the language.