41% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

El Condor (The Condor) Reviews

KevinRobbins
August 31, 2013
You get killed just as easy going after $100 as you do $1,000,000.

Jaroo is a loner gold prospector that has more confidence than success. Luke is an escaped African-American convict that hears Jaroo's game and wants in on it. The two reluctantly work together, but as they get deeper, they find working together difficult. Can the two earn their riches together or will they devise and hopefully conquer?

"He's got an army."
"Yeah, but he's got the wrong kind of army."

John Guillermin, director of King Kong (1976), King Kong Lives (1986), The Towering Inferno, Rapture, House of Cards, and Death on the Nile, delivers El Condor. The storyline for this picture is fairly interesting and definitely has some unique elements and characters. The action scenes are entertaining and the characters are funny. The cast delivers solid performances and includes Lee Van Cleef, Jim Brown, Patrick O'Neal, and Mariana Hill.

"I have executed whole towns with men better than this."

I DVR'd this picture off Encore Western because it starred one of my favorite western actors, Lee Van Cleef. I will say this is a slightly above average western picture. It isn't great but it isn't terrible. The ending threw me for a loop for sure. Overall, this is worth watching once but far from being an all time great western.

"I am his mother. He is my bastard child."

Grade: C+/B- (6.5)
August 31, 2013
You get killed just as easy going after $100 as you do $1,000,000.

"He's got an army."
"Yeah, but he's got the wrong kind of army."

"I have executed whole towns with men better than this."

"I am his mother. He is my bastard child."

Grade: C+/B- (6.5)