Employee of the Month Reviews

½ July 14, 2007
Competition for employee of the month hots up at the supermarket when a new girl comes on the scene. Funny movie. Good cast.
December 13, 2011
Employee of the Month is a film that really has some sloppy writing and on-screen gags. This is the type of film that is fairly funny for the first thirty mins or so, but afterwards the film becomes tiresome, boring, and the gags fall apart. Add to that an awful cast of comedians and you have a very forgettable comedy that isn't worth your time. The film suffers from many elements that make an awful comedy. First, Dane Cook and Jessica Simpson. Boring. Awful writing, check. Directing, check. This film is a poorly crafted film that doesn't deliver anything memorable or very funny. The humor elements are tiresome and strained, and really aren't jokes you can laugh at over and over, like so many other classic comedies. Dane Cook is horrible here, he's like his stand up comedy act, and it gets boring and unfunny very quickly. There is no redeeming factor to this film, aside from the end credits. This film is a stale, unimpressive comedy that doesn't stand out due to its poor cast. The film relies on its poor cast to create its humor, and with that in mind, you can rest assure that the comedic deliver is awful. This film misses the mark, and despite having one or two decent gags, this film suffers from poor script writing and a poor cast. This could have been a better comedy. A very forgettable comedy that isn't worth watching. A missed opportunity to make a good film is squandered with poor comic material and basically poor everything. This is a film that suffers from everything that could make a bad film bad.
June 23, 2011
Dane Cook undoubtely carried this film and made it extremely funny. Jessica Simpson wasn't that bad either.
March 13, 2011
This is a pretty funny American comedy suburbia type laughs a go go, with Jessica Simpson and Dane Cook as the eye candy, there are quite a few laughs for you and your friends. I would recommend
February 6, 2008
The competition for employee of the month recognition at discount retailer Super Club becomes a winner-takes-all proposition when two clerks go head to head to win the title and the girl, a new cashier who only dates Employee of the Month winners..
cant say it was a winner with me this one! at times i found it b o r i n g ...yawn.....
½ March 7, 2010
This film has one of the most basic story lines, but is one of the funniest movies of the year! This movie rocks!
December 31, 2006
Easy going, fun, light hearted comedy set in a huge super size shop! Quite a good setting for a comedy and it has some good cheesey laughs!
½ April 26, 2009
Just a lot of bad acting.. No one needs to see this movie to know that, just look at the actors that are in it. My sister love Dane Cook. That's the only reason I had to be put through this awful movie.. That is time I will never get back..

what a crapper this movie was
½ October 10, 2006
I liked it enough to laugh and watch. Probably wouldn't watch again though.
March 6, 2008
Not bad, for a movie with Jessica "robot" Simpson. I even forgot it was her, at times. That's an accomplishment.
August 20, 2007
I was rather conflicted while watching this movie. On the one hand I was thinking; "boy this is cheesy and formulaic." On the other hand I found it endearing and amusing. You decide which one works better for you.
March 26, 2008
Pretty Funny Movie. I know this stuff really goes on in Super Stores. Finally had my first look at Jessica Simpson, wow remember I have spent most of my life outside the United States. She's pretty cool. Its a great movie to add to a collection.
½ February 5, 2008
The plot is kind of cheesy, and Jessica Simpson does not really act well at all. But, Dane Cook makes the movie worth watching. It's not nearly as funny as it made itself out to be, but it does have some funny parts.
Dax Shepard, did decent and Andy Dicks small-role was good too, despite what most people claim.
The movies worth watching, and renting, but probably not worth adding too a collection.
December 28, 2007
Pointless & Boring ...
September 27, 2007
Why is everyone so happy to work at a warehouse outlet? And the Dane Cook character would be worshiped by all employees except management. He wouldn't need to win employee of the month to get the girl.
February 12, 2007
It was better than I was expecting. I couldn't help it though every time Jessica Simpson was on screen, I thought about how dumb she is/looks. And usually I can't stand Andy Dick but his character was really amusing. And I loved the fact that it was obviously filmed in a Costco.
½ September 5, 2007
An easy watch for the most part, and very funny in places. The strange thing about EMployee of the Month is that is refuses to end, coming in at an over-stretched 1 hour and 50 minutes. This is almost like torture within such a light hearted comedy. We get many scenes that could have been cut but are left in, and there are literally many endings. After all the different obstacles that the characters must overcome there are always more and more. If it had been 80-90 minutes this film would have been all the better for it. Dane Cook gives a good performance and everybody is on top form, just needs to be a bit funnier.
½ April 27, 2007
I laughed once or twice during this flat and fatuous farce
April 23, 2007
This movie is fun!!! I can imagine how fun I was if I work in Super Club... The story good, the cast did a great job... But a notice to Jessica Simpson... Can't the director found another great actress to played Amy character??? Because with Simpson in the role of it, it sucks!!!! Luckily she didn't won the Razzie awards even she nominated for it...
March 11, 2007
I gotta be honest. I didn't expect much from this movie for about 1000 reasons but it really took me by surprise. It's HILARIOUS! I loved it so much that, by the end, I wanted to work in the Costco with all of them. The entire cast is solid - my favorite being Dax Sheppard. He is a comedic genius! I don't know how the makers were able to do it but they even managed to get a good performance from Jessica Simpson. I wanted to hate her but I just couldn't. She's very likable and genuine in this movie. And the best part is - they don't have any of her songs on the soundtrack. Employee of the Month is a quirky comedy with a substantial story and charming characters. Definitely a movie worth checking out!