89% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Endless Love Reviews

Nicki M

January 25, 2008
Bad, but kind of liked it. The scene with Brooke cuddled up with her dad while the romantic song plays is all kinds of wrong, but whole movie is kind of a stretch.
Ending was very unclear. I honestly couldn't tell if she went back to him or not.
However, it's an 80's movie, albeit not one I ever watched at the time, being about 7 years old when it was released.
Brooke was very beautiful and I did like her white dress, although I did wonder if they were actually intending it to look like a wedding dress!
I had no idea James Spader was in this. Apparently Tom Cruise is too, although I couldn't pick him (probably a plus!).
Very different to the "new" Endless Love movie, though there are similarities, of course. I enjoyed that, so I'm glad about that as it means I don't have to choose which is better.
AJ V

February 15, 2013
Everyone who wants to see this movie does so because of one of the actors. I watched for James Spader, and he was just fabulous. Other than that, this movie wasn't very interesting, and the main characters annoyed me. It's obviously a bad relationship between these two, and it doesn't end well, and a lot of it is boring.
deano
deano

October 15, 2006
This love story is alike part of 'Romeo and Juliet'. Brooke Shields was so beautiful, young and sexy of the early 1980's.
Dann M

April 2, 2013
Brooke Shields stars in the monotonous and melodramatic romance Endless Love. Other than the amazing theme song from Lionel Richie, the film is worthless. It's just a sappy teenage love story that goes nowhere and relies completely on cliches.
Lee K

February 15, 2010
finally got a hold of number two on my hard to find list, a movie my small click of freinds used to gather at one of our houses to watch during the summer like a 1000 times or so. Great little storyline that has two young lovers Brooke Shields and Martin Hewitt after being torn apart by her folks for being'too young' battle to see each other however its more so on Hewitt's charectors part then hers. Its a movie that shows the extent some people will go to just to be with their true loves, also on the other hand it also shows that some guys dont know the meaning of 'no'
April 3, 2012
I am sure I will get heat for this from my wife but their are only two real reasons to see Endless love. One, to see the beautiful Brooke Shields. Not often am I stunned by the beauty of a woman but Brooke left me speechless. Two, to see Tom Cruise (albeit for only a few seconds) in his first appearance on the big screen. Other than these two jewels Endless Love is just a screwed up love story with bad acting and little connection with the viewers. I wrote there are only two real reasons to view Endless Love and while this is true I will mention that their was a strange pull or connection that this mess of a movie had on me. Not sure what it was but for some reason I liked this movie more than I should have even if it was a pretty poorly done movie.
jam233
February 2, 2010
I agree with the endless part, but not the love. Slow and painfully boring, riddled with every cliche in the book. Good title song, but other than that, the score is poor. The acting is barely adequate, but Martin Hewitt is unconvincing. The entire film doesn't ring true.
lbethk97
May 6, 2009
I watched this movie over and over when I was a teenager. I had the soundtrack and knew every word to the movie and hte music!
PillowPantss
January 22, 2009
honestly, i don't want my mom to watch me sex and then tell me she enjoyed it. and also i don't know if i want my bf ruining my life. But for some reason i like this moviee.
firstamb
July 11, 2008
Brooke Shields stars in this stalker thriller that just doesn?t really work as a comedy or a thriller, and everyone in it is really badly over-acting.
zelda64
October 9, 2007
This is a sweet flick that tugs at the heart.Shields plays Jade,who is in love with David (Hewitt). Their parents will not let them have a relationship together. One day, David has a talk with Jade's father. Accidentally, David rages over the situation and kills him. The bonds of Love can't be severed, and jail stilll won't keep the two lovebirds apart.

I love moving title song; Lionel Ritchie and superstar Diana Ross warm your heart with their beautiful melody.
This is a true "hanky " film.
April 17, 2007
A classic film about love that won't die. A romance that goes great gets obsessive and later on things go out of control. Brook Shields is at her best in this film.
lovelylisab
September 30, 2006
It's so bad! I kind of wanted to hurl myself out the window becuase it's just so over the top.Yet, it's strangely compelling, as compelling as an obsesssive, creepy, angst ridden teenager can be.
The theme song is fantasticly sappy however. Got to love that.
July 20, 2006
I didn't really understand the characters in this movie. Maybe it wasn't acted well enough to portray the all-consuming passion that overtakes them. Read the novel many years later, and they still didn't click. (A much better Scott Spencer story is A Ship Made of Paper. Don't believe it's been filmed, tho.)
July 1, 2014
As the title promises, it is endless. Unfortunately, it lacks "love".
July 2, 2014
The film relies completely on meaningless cliches and the whole relationship can be regarded as wrong, but despite that I kind of liked it. Leonel Richie also adds an amazing theme to the film at the time when Brooke Shields was young and beautiful in the early 80's.
filmlover1994
June 4, 2014
My Favorite Romance Film Is 1997's Titanic.
May 31, 2014
I found Endless Love to be an emotionally moving and faithful adaptation of Scott Spencer's classic novel. Brooke Shields and Martin Hewitt both bring passion to their performances.
Mike N.
March 7, 2014
I do not agree with such low ratings, this is a really good story/movie, the remake was terrible though.
February 12, 2014
Cheesy overdramatic tripe. Jesus, the main guy in this movie makes Edward Cullen look like Ferris Bueller.