Escaflowne: The Movie Reviews

February 22, 2011
Loved the ending to the OVA but still enjoyed the film, although Folken killed in the way he was just didn't do it for me...
April 7, 2006
This is a retelling of the anime of the same name, but is sooooo much better. I ~loved~ the ending.
January 29, 2008
A highly condensed, almost too fast-paced, rehash of the series...with a storyline that is only moderately similar to the series. If you had to pick only one you could watch, choose the series.
½ September 23, 2007
Not a bad retelling with beautiful animation, but the story from the TV series was much much better.
July 20, 2007
It's awsome! I loved it because it kept me etertained all throw the movie I'm working on getting the series because I loved the movie and no one I know has the series so I'm gonna buy it so I can understand it more better and re watch it anytime I want because I can' t get enough of it. It's like all the other anime I watch like Berserk, Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, and Bastard. I love em all and I have my uncle James to thank for bringing me on to these anime. I lvoe Escaflowne and I hope to see more of it in the future.
July 16, 2007
Now I want to get the series. What fun to have a connection with an entire other world and the ability to travel there! Reminds me a bit of the Inuyasha anime series. It's neat.
½ July 8, 2007
I'm quite impressed with the sheer quality of this film. The art and music just sing; it's more of a somewhat alternate take than what the anime was, but it does so in a way it stands on it's own. Truely one of the best adaptations of its kind I've ever seen.
½ July 6, 2007
An excellent adapation of an already supreme anime. Some impressive action scenes and a good summary of the main points of the anime. Very well done.
July 3, 2007
Many people rate the anime better than the movie, but I believe the movie captures the best parts of the anime and is sometimes even better than its counter-part.
½ June 24, 2007
It is definately one of the most incredible Anime Motion Pictures I have ever seen, do yourself a favor and rent it, or, better yet, buy it.
½ June 5, 2007
escaflowne the movie..OMG such a let down after the amazing series...but the movie on its own was ok i guess.
May 15, 2007
Don't expect the series. This one is darker, and creepier, and it is sort of an alternate reality with Feral Van, Morbidly Depressed Himomi, Dragonspawn Delandau, Evil Folken, and Creepy Bloodsucking Guymelifs.
May 9, 2007
As a lover of the series, I have to say this movie STINKS. The storyline and art are nothing compared to the beloved series.
May 5, 2007
More solid and satisfying thematically than the series, this 'schoolgirl transported to a fantasy world' story is better than most of it's genre, and has an outstanding score.
May 4, 2007
The best thing that made the plot of "Escaflowne - The Movie" exciting is the action. It's like mecha (robots) in a magical fantasy world!
½ April 24, 2007
Entertaining, to say the least. The bad part is that it just feels like they were trying to fit too much story into not enough time, leaving me a little confused.
½ April 9, 2007
Good movie, but very condensed. If your a fan of the tv series you might notice the new character designs, lack of characters..even development. But it stands well.
½ March 21, 2007
i saw it once on adult swim. a friend of mine was jelous cause she likes this anime. i liked it. but the beging she was to depressed over lil things.
½ March 10, 2007
I saw this a long time ago on Adult Swim and I don't remember all that happened but I remembered the name and that it was really good.
½ March 5, 2007
Great for any anime crazed fan. A little older in age I realized and yet it still has that good spark.